Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Name The New Verified Membership Level

32 posts in this topic

Members-

I want to create a new level of membership, a step up from Verified Member. I want it to be like a "V.I.P" kind of thing, something to recognize members for their positive, constructive, respectful participation in this forum.

More information will be put out once a name for this program is selected. To attain this status, you would be selected by me, or nominated by another member and approved by me, based on criteria that I will release as soon as a name is chosen.

I need help coming up with a name for this level of membership...any ideas? (I don't like VIP)

Use the color system and call it the card system

Gold card

Silver card

Red

Blue

Green

and so on make each color a Level/Standard

Just my 2 cents..................

Edited by CPAGE

or you could have a rank system, Junior, firefighter, lieutenant, captain...etc based on reaching a certain number of posts to get to each level.

I like Cpage's idea. Just simplify it to the homeland security scale colors.

Mike

Maybe "Verified STAR Member", or "Outstanding Verified Member"... just some random ideas.

Senior Verified Member or something like that.

Edited by SageVigiles

Senior Verified Member or something like that.

I like the idea of senior verified member. It's easy enough to recognize.

Maybe something like a trophy above the person's name, would be a good way of pointing this out as well.

Edited by tunaFish

I suggest a series of Stars, 1-5 like the generals in the army! Each would signify reaching a certain plateau!

And then once you reach the top level you could add title's to their stars or colors such as bronze, gold, and silver...gives you at least 15 different levels of membershiphood...

Edited by Oswegowind

I also like the idea Senior Verified member

Non Verified Member, Verified Member, Junior Verified Member, and Senior Verfied Member

As Non verified and verified is determind on if they fill out there info.

and Jr and Sr Verified member can be determined by number of post, topic starters, points, activity to the site.

Just a few ideas to throw out there

I believe it will do good for the site something to keep the active member to look foward to

On our firehouse's forum I moderate we have "Forum Ninjas" for those with the most posts.

On here we could just call it the "ALSFirefighter Envy Club."

I would go for that lol

I like the star idea a lot, But a lot of boards do that. So maybe we can do something different from stars???

I like the star idea alot, But alot of broads do that. So maybe we can do something differant than stars???

How about badges? Up to 3 choices depending on the member's job as vollie, cop, etc, or what service they want to be in whether it be fire, ems, or Police.

Mike

How about badges? Up to 3 choices depending on the member's job as vollie, cop, etc, or what service they want to be in whether it be fire, ems, or Police.

Mike

I think we have discussed the issue of "badges" to death on this board...better leave that one alone!

As for something similar we can use name of apparatus manufacturers...some of can be like a Pierce while other can be basic or cheaper...LOL!

I like the star idea alot, But alot of broads do that. So maybe we can do something differant than stars???

What kind of women are you dating?? Care to share the info??

Don't want to have levels or ranks, just trying to think of a simple, concise way of identifying an exemplary member.

What kind of women are you dating?? Care to share the info??

Wouldn't you like to know!?! lol No I am part of other EMS and Fire broads but thanks for the thought thou......

Oswegowind is right the whole bage thing has been done to death, let's try something else.

How about no new verified membership level?

If verification is enough to post and the board administrator expects that postings occur within certain guidelines, why should there be a special reward for simply obeying those guidelines? Yes, I realize that certain people do contribute to meaningful, in-depth discussions that I may not participate in as a mere Buff because I am not thoroughly versed enough in the issue. Perhaps those people deserve recognition. But, what about those of us who do not precipitate disputes or ranting or bashing and merely post when we are able, limited to certain areas? What's to say we won't be looked down upon under this system?

I am simply fearful that a new verified membership level will be incredibly subjective and would only further the worst possible concerns of elitism about this board. I realize full well that there are people who may indeed "shine" as posters on this board and there are people who use this board as soapbox for ranting and ranting violently. Certainly the Board Administrator has interests in making the boards as best he wants and preventing the aforementioned strife. But, do we really need a subjectively enforced ranking system? I think not, especially if the Board wants to open up to more members and encourage discussion. The message that one man's posting matters somehow more than another's furthers the worst possible elitist prejudices about this board.

Just my humble two cents, and perhaps my concerns are unfounded if there are indeed some objective criteria as to what constitutes this new verified membership. I shall be open to the possibilities, but, my inclination is to be against this new program.

Again, just my humble two cents.

-Joe DA BUFF

10-4-Buff, I read your post and understand your concerns, but am too tired to explain the program now. This won't be a subjective class program. When I launch this latest quality initiative, I will justify it, and take input from members. But first, we need a name for this project.

Here's some I've been thinking of, and are basically now the real choices. To anyone reading this post, let me know your choice:

-EMTBravo Ambassador

-Premier Member

-Outstanding Member

-Alpha Member

-Stellar Member

As for my choice, I kind of like "Alpha Member" the best.

Don't want to have levels or ranks, just trying to think of a simple, concise way of identifying an exemplary member.

Just call them "ALSFirefighter's Colony!"

Oh and Muns started it!

10-4-Buff, I read your post and understand your concerns, but am too tired to explain the program now. This won't be a subjective class program. When I launch this latest quality initiative, I will justify it, and take input from members. But first, we need a name for this project.

Here's some I've been thinking of, and are basically now the real choices. To anyone reading this post, let me know your choice:

-EMTBravo Ambassador

-Premier Member

-Outstanding Member

-Alpha Member

-Stellar Member

As for my choice, I kind of like "Alpha Member" the best.

Ambassador is nice and my second choice would be Outstanding. Keep it simple and think about the trophy or some kind of an icon to set them apart from the rest.

Remember, we are not all part of the "service" too technical is not the best route to take for a name.

My first choice would be premier member, then Alpha member, then for third choice, outstanding member.

Advanced Member

Or just make 2 versions of the "verified member"...One Silver like it is now, and the other gold.

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

That's freakin' hysterical!!!!

How about CyberBuff????

I suggest a series of Stars, 1-5 like the generals in the army! Each would signify reaching a certain plateau!

And then once you reach the top level you could add title's to their stars or colors such as bronze, gold, and silver...gives you at least 15 different levels of membershiphood...

Actually that's pretty good... That would make Truck4 sort of the General Patton of EMTB... :P

Actually that's pretty good... That would make Truck4 sort of the General Patton of EMTB... :P

That's great...just wait til he runs a boat and I answer him on Ch. 2,

At your command, General Sir
...LOL