Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

x635's Worcester/Boston Photo Hunt 11-17-07

13 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I traveled to Worcester and the Boston Metro area to shoot some apparatus I've been after for a while.

I'm excited with what I had the oppurtuinity to shoot and who I got to meet along the way. A great day overall and helped to take my mind off other things and lift my spirit a little. MA FF's are great, very kind and hospitable, very different atmosphere then the NY Metro area.

Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way.

I'd like to thank paul612 for his help and driving me around the Worcester area to get these shots. Much appreciated Paul.

(The only things I missed was some Boston FD and EMS units, since they seemed to be running like crazy and not in quarters when I came around, and Newton's new Pierce Arrow XT Tower Ladder, which had a warranty issue, it blew a solenoid moments before I arrived and wouldn't start. Also, because of time and daylight issues, couldn't get some more on my list, but that just gives me the excuse to come up again!)

The results of this "photo hunt" can be seen on http://www.emtbravo.com

Seth

Here's some preview shots. This is Worcester Engine 22 (Spare/Reserve), a 19?? Maxim. A really unique piece, if I had the money and space I would love to aquire and restore it if they ever dispose of it.

post-11-1195418040.jpg

Next up is this very unique unit that's primarily found in New England, a Boston PD "Paddy Wagon"

2007 Ford F-250. Does anyone know who manufactured the body?

post-11-1195418131.jpg

One of Worcester's new Seagrave Engines, assigned to E-13 at the South Division. The other Seagrave is at the dealer, delivery has not been accepted due to a flaw that is still being troubleshooted at the dealer.

post-11-1195418492.jpg

Woburn, MA Spare/Reserve

19?? Mack CF

Ex Reading, MA

post-11-1195418801.jpg

And two of my personal favorites, Wilmington MA Squad 1 and Ambulance 1

S-1 2001 Pierce Quantum

A-1 2007 Ford F-450 4x4/AEV (Finally able to paint their ambulances red after the OEMS lifted their ridiculous striping rules for EMS vehicles)

post-11-1195418912.jpg

post-11-1195418972.jpg

And finally for right now, is Brookline T-1, a 2007 E-One Cyclone II/110' Bronto Skylift

post-11-1195419130.jpg

Oh yes, this Wrecker at Winn St Sales in Burlington looks like it belongs in Stiloski's fleet with the paint job it has.

post-11-1195419512.jpg

Next up is this very unique unit that's primarily found in New England, a Boston PD "Paddy Wagon"

2007 Ford F-250. Does anyone know who manufactured the body?

Greenwood Emergency Vehicles in North Attlebourgh under their own Maxim label

This is Worcester Engine 22 (Spare/Reserve), a 19?? Maxim. A really unique piece, if I had the money and space I would love to aquire and restore it if they ever dispose of it.

Seth

According to Fire News network - John Galla's site they have a couple listed Engines 7 & 12rsv that are 1989 units and 22 is not in his list.

They look to be the same type and maybe not.

Reliance

What striping rules?

Mass had a rule on the books since the 1970's that all ambulances operating in the Commonwealth shall be white with an organ stripe as to identify the unit as an ambulance and not a rescue. I forget how the actual wording is stated but this EMS rule was in effect until 2005 / 2006 when it was repealed.

Mass had a rule on the books since the 1970's that all ambulances operating in the Commonwealth shall be white with an organ stripe as to identify the unit as an ambulance and not a rescue. I forget how the actual wording is stated but this EMS rule was in effect until 2005 / 2006 when it was repealed.

Would that be a kidney or liver??

Seth, great shots. I'm waiting for your next trip out here.

Duane