Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hummer HOPE

9 posts in this topic

I saw a commercial for this during the Lakers/Suns game yesterday on ABC, regarding Hummer owners making their vehicles available during disasters. Personally, I just feel this is a marketing ploy for General Motors, to reflect the "ruggedness" of their vehicles, as well as to make the look like they are responsible corporate citizens.

Maybe it's just me, but the majority of fake Hummer owners around here at least wouldn't have a clue what to do in a disaster, much less be equipped to drive in one.

Check out the program here: http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/home.jsp?g...;goto_nav=world

And here: http://www.hummerhope.com/

Interesting program, reguardless of whatever the intentions may be. But, to be honest, i would much rather have an H1 or military grade Hummer come to my rescue than a civilian H2 or H3. Don't know if anyone has seen the H2 or H3 model up close, but the majority of it is plastic....definitely not something i would entrust my life to.

I wouldn't mind having use of a H2 or H3 Hummer during a disaster, so long as I can keep when things stabilize.

Given the fact that Hummers are made by General Motors, they're probably in the shop too often to be of any use during a disaster.

Given the fact that Hummers are made by General Motors, they're probably in the shop too often to be of any use during a disaster.

Did you know that 95% of the vehicles on the road today are Fords?

It is true..... the other 5% percent made home

But off of the Ford Vs. GM.. i agree with Seth, most of the drivers wouldn't have the training to drive in the disaster condition, most of all though, i don't think that the people that can afford to have and feed a hummer would be willing to use it to help others, i also don't believe that most of them (the owners) would be around in a time of disaster.

Sorry guys, I saw "Hummer Hope" and totally thought it was about something else...

:blink:

Sorry guys, I saw "Hummer Hope" and totally thought it was about something else...

:blink:

Me too...miust be married huh?

Wow, and to think I wasted the last 15 yrs of my life getting proficient in emergency services. Countless hours and weekends spent taking classes. Getting up at 3am for the CO call where the people were freaking out because they thought they were going to die. Now I find out all I really needed was a Hummer, CPR card, and red cross magnet to be helpful to people in their time of need. :lol::P