Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Chris Becker - WCVFA

18 posts in this topic

Chris Becker

Westchester County Volunteer Firemen's Association

(I just received information from a family member of Chris Becker)

Chris passed away last evening 12/27/07 at 7 pm.

He will be waked at the Flynn funeral home in Yonkers at 165 Central Ave. (across from Roosevelt High School)

1 PM Friday 12/28/07

Not sure of the rest of the details about funeral, memorial service etc.

His remains will be cremated so he may only be waked on Friday.

At the request of the family please pass the word among those who knew him.

RIP CHRIS!

Rest in Peace, Chris. And may God guide your family and friends through this difficult time.

Rest in Peace

RIP Chris, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I've know Chris for many years, he was from Ardsley at one point and was even a friend of my family starting with my grandmother. His we be sorely missed. I know he's been sick for years, and I hope now he can rest peacefully and comfortably.

i knew chris for long time may he rest in peace :(

RIP

For clarification, Flynn Memorial Home is located at 1652 Central Park Ave in Yonkers. On the northbound ramp from Tuckahoe Rd to CPA north.

RIP, Chris helped us out so much thru everything with Jimmy, always made sure he got the word out. He will be sorely missed by everyone.

God Bless Him and his family and friends thru this time.

Jim and Gina Arena

Chris was a true fighter. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

RIP Chris On BEHALF Of the Members of Verplanck Fire Department and the Members of Cortlandt Volunteer Ambulace Corp.

I have had the great honor of meeting Chris Becker and he was one of the nicest people I have ever met. He will be greatly missed.

Harriette, my heartfelt prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

The following was released via e-mail by the Westchester County Volunteer Fireman's Association

It is with Deep Regret, that we report the passing of Christian Jos. Becker, WCVFA Past President, Life Member, Editor for 37 years of the "Westchester Volunteer", Exempt Member of Ardsley Engine Co. #1 and Associate Member of Independent Hose Co. #6, Ossining. Chris passed away at 8:30PM on 12/27/2007. Arrangements have been made by Flynn Memorial Home, Inc. 1652 Central Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10705-2096 (914) 963-5178.

Services to be held on Sunday, December 30th, 2-4PM and 7-9PM.

Firematic Services to be held Sunday evening. All Westchester County Association Members to meet at 7:00PM in uniform.

Memorial Service to be held Monday, December 31st, at 10AM (Same Location)

The Website will be updated when we receive additional information. http://www.wcvfaweb.com.

Harriette has requested no flowers. Harriette has requested donations be made to the Firemen's Home.

The above information has been provided by Harriette and verified by Flynn Memorial Home.

I just wanted to take a few moments to thank everyone that sent their condolences to my family. Chris was my Great Uncle (My Grandmother's Brother) and I know that he'll be missed by several people. I know that his passion was being a firefighter and enjoyed seeing new "guys" joining the force. -Kerry

Flynn Memorial Home, Inc.

1652 Central Park Avenue

Yonkers, NY 10705-2096

(914) 963-5178.

Services to be held on Sunday, December 30th, 2-4PM and 7-9PM

Firematic Services to be held Sunday evening.

All Westchester County Association Members to meet at 7:00PM in uniform.

Memorial Service to be held Monday, December 31st, at 10AM (Same Location)

Rest in Peace, Chris. May you continue to watch over the ones you love as a guardian angel. Prayers and condolences to his family.

Chris was all things to all men. He was a fellow firefighter, a communicator, a publisher, a legislative watchdog, an enactor of legislation (the self extinguishing cigarette), a lay minister who loved his God, a husband, and a friend to many with a cheerful smile and a wink in his eye.

I was proud to call Chris my friend and I offer my sincere condolences to Harriette and the family.

May God Bless him and welcome him home, and may He bring strength and comfort to Harriette.

Rest in peace Chris.

Thank You for all that you have done..