Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spin_the_wheel

Port Chester Dispatch Freq.

14 posts in this topic

What are the freq.s for Port Chester? A few years back they were on the main county freq. I believe, do they tone out on a different freq. now?

Also is 60 control doing the dispatch full time 24/7. Thanks be safe.

No changes. They're toned out and communicate on 46.26.

60 Control does their dispatching f/t.

For some reason I thought that PCFD would take over from 60 once PC established that they had a working incident. I guess that is not the case?

Portchester has been very quiet, (good thing!) lately.

I am going by what I hear on the air-

60 handles their communications traffic and any notifications, ie; requests for building inspector to scene, etc.

thanks guys Im not hearing them, maybe the transmitter 60 is using is not as powerful as when it was done in house in Port Chester.

Ladder 47 the UHF link from 46.26 reaches Long Island. Might hear more of Westchester County on 472.250 mhz. Try it. let us know, It works fine in Queens NY near shea stadium. :rolleyes:

Should be no problem with 60 off the Grasslands tower, that's listed as a 300 watt transmitter.

Another 46.26 high band repeater you can try and tune in on is 453.975 Located in Pound Ridge.

Edited by jack10562

Are they working on the Trunk System? If so all you would hear is the dispatch and that is it.

We are not yet working on the trunk system. It just has been rather quiet lately. You can listen off the tower in lower westchester thet I think is 472.25.

For the most part, PCFD get dispatched on 46.26, units respond on 46.26 and the IC communicates with 60 Control on 46.26. But most of their on-scene ops are on Fireground channels, which unless you're near by you won't hear.

For the most part, PCFD get dispatched on 46.26, units respond on 46.26 and the IC communicates with 60 Control on 46.26. But most of their on-scene ops are on Fireground channels, which unless you're near by you won't hear.

Port Chester is dispatched off the same transmitter they always were. A tie line from Port Chester comes to us at 60 Control.

Jack, the Pound Ridge Cross-Band actually goes to 46.06, not 46.26. It was changed when PRFD went to 46.06 for communications.

Port Chester is dispatched off the same transmitter they always were. A tie line from Port Chester comes to us at 60 Control.

Jack, the Pound Ridge Cross-Band actually goes to 46.06, not 46.26. It was changed when PRFD went to 46.06 for communications.

Okay, Thanks John.

Would you kindly let RWC130 know about that change, (PM is fine)

He maintains the forum frequency list.

That's where I got my information from.

Okay, Thanks John.

Would you kindly let RWC130 know about that change, (PM is fine)

He maintains the forum frequency list.

That's where I got my information from.

"K."