Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo.com-Emergency Donations Needed

59 posts in this topic

Members-

I really do not want to do this, but as I mentioned in another thread, EMTBravo is on the verge of going bankrupt due to a series of events.

We need donations in order to keep EMTBravo online for the next month or so while we straighten our financial situation out and get all the IT problems with EMTBravo resolved.

Any amount would be greatly appreciated. If I can, I will refund donations if this situation straightens out.

You can donate via Paypal, and pay using Paypal, Credit Card, or E-Check. The process is fast, safe, and secure.

Here is the link (EMTBravo Emergency Fund):

DONATE TO THE EMTBRAVO.COM EMERGENCY FUND

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give. I am so, so, sorry and embarassed to have to do this, but I have no choice right now.

-Seth

I can't do it today, and I can't swing alot, but as soon as i get my card straightened out i'll give you something. You've always been cool with me, so i'd be glad to help!

Most likely tomorrow

Will you take a personnel check????

Sorry I cant donate a lot right now, but I hope it helps. Please let me know if theres anything else I can do. Maybe in another week I can give more but right now Im tapped.

Moose

What were these series of events that led to the verge of bankruptcy?

Done... but what's with the $8.99 shipping charge added to the amount I wanted to pay when I used paypal? You gonna send me something Seth? ;)

Done... but what's with the $8.99 shipping charge added to the amount I wanted to pay when I used paypal? You gonna send me something Seth? ;)

Yeah I don't get the shipping charges? Is that only if you use PayPal?

I saw that too. If thats a service charge that goes to pay pal I would rather send a check for the total amount to EMTBravo.

Sounds like the shipping charge might be used for his DEFENSE FUND. LOL

I will think about it.

I made a debit card payment and had a charge of 4.99, but I wanted to get the money to Seth fast, instead of mailing a check which I will probably do next week when I get paid again.

Seth how much do you really need? I want to know where my money is going before I send it anywhere. And that is just to keep the site up?

After doing a donation that looks like its their service charge. I do know that there is a 4% charge for transactions and that may be their minimum.

I didn't see a surcharge when i hit the "pay" bottom, and i just checked my bank transaction online and its showing up for the amount i donated w/o any additional charge. I could only spare 10 bucks, but i hope it helps.

Edited by Goose

First, thanks to everyone who has donated for their tremendous generosity so far. You have no idea how much this hurts and embarrases me. I really, really appreciate that so many care about this site. I really hope I can refund some money once I determine what my new hosting costs will be. If there is anything left over, I will divide equally a refund to all those that donated.

What were these series of events that led to the verge of bankruptcy?

Not being able to work a second job, only getting my base salary on workers comp, common and maintanence charges on my co-op going up, gas prices (when going out to get photos), medical bills and debt, equipment, and having all these IT things thrown at me at once. My bank account is in a negative balance, credit cards maxed out, leaving me no money to make the move to a new webhost-which is why I need money right away. I've already tapped my family too much. Going foward, I need to manage my finances with this site a lot better, something that will be easier once a new hosting solution is selected.

I'm sorry about that. That shouldn't have been there, I think I have it corrected. Contact me if you or anyone else wants a refund.

Sounds like the shipping charge might be used for his DEFENSE FUND. LOL

I don't understand what you mean, but all donations go towards this site.

Seth how much do you really need? I want to know where my money is going before I send it anywhere. And that is just to keep the site up?

The money is going towards a hosting solution to consolidate all my websites onto one host, and keep the all the sites going. I am trying to work with a host to determine the most cost-effective solution. Once we determine that, I will need some cash up front to pay for the hosting package, and any other associated costs.

I saw that too. If thats a service charge that goes to pay pal I would rather send a check for the total amount to EMTBravo.

Checks can be mailed to:

Made out to: Granville Enterprises OR Seth Granville

P.O. Box 121

Hartsdale, NY 10530

PayPal is listing only the amount entered on their site payable to EMTBravo Emergency Fund-

no shipping or any other charges are added.

Seth, Good luck with getting the hosting, etc, sorted out.

We're pullin' for ya.

rgds,

J&J

Not being able to work a second job, only getting my base salary on workers comp, common and maintanence charges on my co-op going up, gas prices (when going out to get photos), medical bills and debt, equipment, and having all these IT things thrown at me at once. My bank account is in a negative balance, credit cards maxed out, leaving me no money to make the move to a new webhost-which is why I need money right away. I've already tapped my family too much. Going foward, I need to manage my finances with this site a lot better, something that will be easier once a new hosting solution is selected.

I know what you mean. After being out on 207-A for 2 1/2 years, I went about 40K into debt. No side work or O.T. it adds up fast. I could not wait for tax time to roll around.

Getting a 207-A retirement has helped, but it will take a long time to pay off my debt.

With as many members as this site has if just half donated $5 each it would solve the issue of costs of this site for a while. Come on people. We all enjoy this site, Seth has been doing a great job. What's $5? One less trip to Starbucks every week?

Current update: I just paid $400+ dollars to go with the new hosting solution, which will be about $270/month thereafter.

I am awaiting a refund from the server company I inttially hired.

Due to everyone's generosity, I was able to just scrape by and cover all the initial costs. Thank you! (But we're not out of the woods yet)

I just paid what I could... whatever it takes to keep this site alive!

(But we're not out of the woods yet)

... seems like now is as good a time as any, to implement a 'EMTBravoPremiumMember' paid subscription program......???? B)

... seems like now is as good a time as any, to implement a 'EMTBravoPremiumMember' paid subscription program......???? B)

I think that is an excellent idea. Once all the IT issues and everything else is straightened out, I will put it into place.

Do you get paid for taking pictures? If not, stop getting in your car and wasting gas. That would save you some money. We all have to make ends meet don't we? I mean I can't go into my front yard and pick money off a tree. What is everyone's typical donation? And if you start a membership will the current members be GRANDFATHERED IN? And if we do have to pay that means that we will have the right to say what we want without being watched right?

Do you get paid for taking pictures? If not, stop getting in your car and wasting gas. That would save you some money. We all have to make ends meet don't we? I mean I can't go into my front yard and pick money off a tree. What is everyone's typical donation? And if you start a membership will the current members be GRANDFATHERED IN? And if we do have to pay that means that we will have the right to say what we want without being watched right?

Thanks for your "advice", which I'm not going to even consider. I enjoy taking photos, and I know people on this site enjoy viewing them. It gives me something to do and helps to relieve stress. The photos are a major component of this site. HOWEVER, the donations ARE NOT for that.

If you had read this thread, instead of trying to find any way you can to slip in a bash against me, again, you would know that the money I am trying to raise is to cover costs, since I can no longer afford to subidize the site out of pocket. I explained the reasons why I can no longer afford to subsidize out of my own pocket. And no, by being a "Premium Member" won't give you a right to ignore the rules of this forum.

Thanks to all those who have donated so far....your generosity is greatly appreciated, and I promise when things get straigtend out EMTBravo will get even better.

I've hosted a few websites of my own over the years and can attest to the costs involved. None of them were as comprehensive as Seth's and didn't require the bandwidth consumed by this site and the others.

As far as making donations, do what you feel is right. If you have the wherewithal and want to support the site, do so. If you don't, nobody should criticize you and nobody will even know if you did or didn't.

It doesn't have to be public or debated.

Edited by velcroMedic1987

I think the next cool feature which ought to be made available to those here who elect to support the site through a Premium Membership, would be the ability to ignore selected posters....

We have a block-list for PM's, ...so it's a natural extension...

money is on the way. So you don't have to come to us when you're all ready eyes deep in the hole, do like the united way. Keep a running tally of how much you need and how close you are to that goal.

Donation Sent! Anything to help keep this site alive.