Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Port Chester-Multiple Alarm Fire December 1988

8 posts in this topic

DECEMBER 1988 LIBERTY SQUARE MULTIPLE ALARM FIRE ENGINE 58,60.61,62,63,64, MAMARONECK ENGINE 38,PATROL 4, LADDER 31 ,MAMARONECK LADDER 20,WHITE PLAINS LADDER 34, RYE LADDER 26, TOWER LADDER 2, WEST HARRISON TOWER LADDER 9 HARRISON ENGINE 10, HARRISON LIGHT TRUCK MAYBE A FEW MORE? PATROL 4 DOING IT'S THING IN FRONT OF 4 BUILDING'S GOING THAT NIGHT.

post-11-1200665232.jpg

Thanks for the pic , hope you're feeling better.

What, no "East Port Chester" units?????? :D

(AKA Byram, Greenwich for those who don't know what I'm talking about)

What, no "East Port Chester" units?????? :D

(AKA Byram, Greenwich for those who don't know what I'm talking about)

You better say a few Hail Marys and Our Fathers for referring to that area as East Port Chester. :D

Edited by 210

Great Photo of a miserable night.

Seriously, while it was a cold night and we were stuck for what seemed like forever ( not as long as Whte Plains's Ladder though) and froze our #%&@'s off in retrospect it's great to see. This picture stirs up some great memories of names and faces that probably took in the Garr's Fire as their last big one before fading from active firefighting, it brings a smile to the face and a tear to the eye.

The funny thing is I just today copied two photographs of a multi-alarm fire in the same buildings circa 1950 to be put up in the firehouse.

Thanks Ang........

Ps. John, I still call it Eastport..........

Great Photo of a miserable night.

Seriously, while it was a cold night and we were stuck for what seemed like forever ( not as long as Whte Plains's Ladder though) and froze our #%&@'s off in retrospect it's great to see. This picture stirs up some great memories of names and faces that probably took in the Garr's Fire as their last big one before fading from active firefighting, it brings a smile to the face and a tear to the eye.

The funny thing is I just today copied two photographs of a multi-alarm fire in the same buildings circa 1950 to be put up in the firehouse.

Thanks Ang........

Ps. John, I still call it Eastport..........

I hear ya.

Any more pictures from this fire?

Nice to see Patrol 4 Finally! Looks like a good rig!

-Joe DA BUFF