Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaRock98

What cop wouldn't want this ride?

20 posts in this topic

Very nice photoshop, even nicer car... Michigan SP is a very progressive department and tests a lot of different vehicles, it wouldn't surprise me to see them doing something like this. NYSP usually doesn't purchase anything new until MSP has tested it first. ;)

Doesn't the NYSP have a camaro or similar car?

Yes, the NYSP does have Camaros. They use them on the Interstates up here in Monroe County.

Only a handful left, and they are mostly approching replacement. Locally, 2K97 out of Poughkeepsie (patrols the Taconic) is the last one. The car assignments are being reassigned to slick-tops as they are replaced.

A Lamborghini Gallardo, for those foreign car enthusiasts... B)

The Gallardo can reach speeds of 196 mph thanks to its 10-cylinder, 520hp @ 8000 rpm- engine.

Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 4.0

800px-Lamborghini_Polizia.jpg

Base Price: 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo - $175,000

Another interesting fact about the Police Package Camaro's - Many people swear up and down that it's a more powerful engine, some even say it's supercharged....

IT'S A FACTORY Z-28 WITH A COMPUTER RE-FLASH... THAT'S IT!! And it's fast enough to catch them rice burning honda racers!! lol :D

Aside from being able to catch the rice rockets, is there enough room to put a perp in that thing?? Or, is it just for pursuit purposes?? Reason I ask is because I remember the old Mustangs in the late 80's/early 90's had a back seat.

Aside from being able to catch the rice rockets, is there enough room to put a perp in that thing?? Or, is it just for pursuit purposes?? Reason I ask is because I remember the old Mustangs in the late 80's/early 90's had a back seat.

No, I don't even think that the NYSP Camaro's have a back seat if I remember correctly, but if they do it is way too small.

Who wouldn't want it?

Anyone who works in the type of department that will go after you to pay for any damage that occurs!

I never understood why you would buy such a slick-looking, quicker car and strap a huge lightbar on the roof! Talk about wind drag!

The Camaros do have a back seat, but it's only big enough for the Trooper's gear bag. You would have to pull the seat waaaay forward and squeeze the prisoner back there to get him in...

The reason they use those bars, is because they are only 1 of two that are in compliance with the roof of the car. The roofs used to be made of fiberglass until we had one bust off here and send the lightbar in the back window. Now all of them are re-enforced or made completely of metal.

Edited by FDNY 10-75

I've seen many agencies using the new Chryslers and Cameros down south with no lightbars, just inner lights. I still prefer my Tahoe, maybe just because our highways are too congested.

I never understand the use of so many lights on the exterior like our Hwy Units when there is so much new stuff out there.

post-6632-1203350538.jpg

post-6632-1203350599.jpg

If we could add names to the cars would be cool too.

post-128-1203351955.jpg

Edited by jack10562
Edited By Jack's PaintshopPro

MTAcop, I've got a question for you. Why are some of your cars silver and some white? Seems like there is no pattern as far as I can see i.e. assignments. That metallic silver is really sharp, I thought it might be the new standard, but I just saw a newer Tahoe in white (with what looked like two full size Whelen Freedom bars)

The silver was the idea of Tom Lawless, Chief of Police. Unfortunately Tom passed away and since our leadership has lost any vision for change.

As far as the Freedom bars, they do enjoy wasting.. I mean spending money. They even go for the B link wasting.. I mean spending close to 1000.00 more per car. I'm told the new cars will have a liberty like the new NYSP ones only with clear lenses and one blue on the front in NY and half red / blue for CT.

Hey MTACOP,

Do you catch the discussion a couple of weeks ago about Fererra Fire Apparatus building a large ESU truck for what they identifiy as the NYC Transit Police? I thought they might habe meant the MTA Police. Is MTAPD ESU getting a large ESU truck?