Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

New Rochelle FD - Bond Resolution- New E25 & R4

15 posts in this topic

From The Journal News legal section 2/15/08 "Bond resolution...authorizing the issuance of bonds of the city of New Rochelle, New York in the principal amount of $480,000 to finance the acquisition of firefighting vehicles."

Would this be for the Rescue or other apparatus?

From The Journal News legal section 2/15/08 "Bond resolution...authorizing the issuance of bonds of the city of New Rochelle, New York in the principal amount of $480,000 to finance the acquisition of firefighting vehicles."

Would this be for the Rescue or other apparatus?

The JN missed the #'s The Bond was $1,095,000.

To cover a new E-25 and R-4

Huh. New Rochelle is an A.L.F department...wonder if they will bid on the contract while they are "reorganizing"?

Otherwise, it would be nice to see a Pierce or Seagrave on the streets of New Ro!

How about for the rescue, a Rescue1 like "THE BEAST" from Hughsonville?

Just curious (not a loaded question intended to start a pissing contest).... I thought that R-4 was OOS most of the time due to staffing being assigned to the remainder of FDNR units. If this is still the case, then why replace?

Just curious (not a loaded question intended to start a pissing contest).... I thought that R-4 was OOS most of the time due to staffing being assigned to the remainder of FDNR units. If this is still the case, then why replace?

If things are still like they were back when I worked at 60 control, R-4 is...not...actually OOS most of the time - it's "cross-manned". The crew for TL11 also is the crew for R-4...and they will take whichever rig is appropriate for the call. If the call is a firematic one then TL11 will respond. If the call is for an MVA with extrication or some other type of rescue assignment, then R-4 responds and TL11 is left in quarters. In the event of a multi-alarm structure fire, TL11 will generally respond, and then staff re-called to station 1 will man R-4 when they arrive, bringing the rig to the scene if needed. Anyone with corrections feel free to post.....

Edited by emt301

If things are still like they were back when I worked at 60 control, R-4 is...not...actually OOS most of the time - it's "cross-manned". The crew for TL11 also is the crew for R-4...and they will take whichever rig is appropriate for the call. If the call is a firematic one then TL11 will respond. If the call is for an MVA with extrication or some other type of rescue assignment, then R-4 responds and TL11 is left in quarters. In the event of a multi-alarm structure fire, TL11 will generally respond, and then staff re-called to station 1 will man R-4 when they arrive, bringing the rig to the scene if needed. Anyone with corrections feel free to post.....

That's what I heard too... I wonder though, could R-4 could be staffed full time with the right money?

-Joe DA BUFF

P.S. I like the old R-4. Very distinctive. But, I bet a new R-4 will be a good addition.

Seems like alot of money for an engine and a rescue. Is there anything else involved?

QUOTE(emt301 @ Feb 18 2008, 03:26 PM)

That's what I heard too... I wonder though, could R-4 could be staffed full time with the right money?

-Joe DA BUFF

P.S. I like the old R-4. Very distinctive. But, I bet a new R-4 will be a good addition.

If you are offering the $$ for staffing we accept. And it is still cross manned. Only O.O.S. if out for repairs.

The why replace it is because its 17 years old. Just because it does not run on all calls does not mean we do not need to have a reliable unit to perform technical rescue.

Seems like alot of money for an engine and a rescue. Is there anything else involved?

Have you seen the price of stainless steel today? Buy it before it passes gold.........

Definitly not.....A million for two rigs? A decent engine can easily climb to 500k and a heavy rescue is gonna be even more expensive.

It all depends on the specs. Stainless is more , but you could cut the prices a huge amount by using aluminum bodies instead.

It all depends on the specs. Stainless is more , but you could cut the prices a huge amount by using aluminum bodies instead.

There are lots of ways to reduce the up front costs, but you may be increasing the operating cost and redusing the overall life of the rig.

Also, there many safety features that cost a lot of money, but 1 injury will cost much more, particularly if it is career ending.

It is best to balance the initial costs with the overall life costs.

Well said, also, New Rochelle is a "CITY" and gets more work than most smaller sized areas. Aluminum body may not be able to take the actual jobs over the years as well as the stainless steel!