Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sound Shore Apparatus Updates?

16 posts in this topic

is rye FD geting a new chief vehicle?

is Harrison getting a new engine to replace Engine 11?

Is Wet Harrison getting a new truck?

Is Port Chesters new truck here yet?

What is the status of Larchmont's truck?

thanks in advance

There was an earlier post stating the new PCFD Ladder was delivered. I do not know if it is in service yet.

PCFD Truck Thread

Edited by FFNick

is rye FD geting a new chief vehicle?

Yes. It will replace the oldest Chevy Tahoe (currently 2422). Stay tuned for details.

Edited by 242steve

Rye is getting a new Chiefs car it will be a Crown Vic. Last I heard the car was "lost" no one seems to be able to locate it(if that makes any sense). Rye is also replacing its current Fire Prevention vehicle the new one is a Ford Escape Hybrid I believe this has been delivered to public works and is being outfitted.

WEST HARRISON IS GETTING A NEW UTILTY IT'S A FORD F-550. THE BODY IS BEING BUILT AS WE SPEAK

Rye is getting a new Chiefs car it will be a Crown Vic. Last I heard the car was "lost" no one seems to be able to locate it(if that makes any sense). Rye is also replacing its current Fire Prevention vehicle the new one is a Ford Escape Hybrid I believe this has been delivered to public works and is being outfitted.

That would be the "details" I spoke of :unsure:

That would be the "details" I spoke of :unsure:

Glad I could help ! :P

The crown vic will be white and designated 2421 with the upcoming April election. It is being set up with lights and siren at Warnock in New Jersey. It will be delivered with 3 black and whites for Rye Pd. Th fire prevention hybrid Esacape is in and will be set up soon. Rye Pd car 17 2008 Tahoe (sargeant) has been two toned black and white and waiting for equipment. Car 17 is a 2003 Tahoe and will replace Marine 26 (white Expedition). It previosly served Rye Fd. Port Chester Ladder 31 is back at the dealer for a small punch list of minor repairs (radio head reolocation,shelf adjustment, etc) Training is set to begin on March !st.

WEST HARRISON IS GETTING A NEW UTILTY IT'S A FORD F-550. THE BODY IS BEING BUILT AS WE SPEAK

New Utility is due in near the end of either March or April. When the truck comes in, pictures will be up.

Also, new Car 2501 is out to bid. 2008 Chevy Tahoe or GMC Yukon due in probably around the same time a the new truck.

Update- Rye Car 2424 Fire Inspector/ Lt is at TCD in Mamaroneck getting eqiupment installed. Eng 193 has had a new light bar ,new side mini bars, new intersection lights, new front turn signals, and front and rear flashing lights installed. The new tailights will be installed tomorrow. We picked up the light housings this afternoon. Rye Pd Car 17 (Tahoe) will be sent to TCD when Car 2424 is finished. Still waiting on delivery from Warnock in NJ for Car 2421 and 3 pd cruisers.

thanks for the info and updates. Is there any pictures of these new cars and trucks

Any reason Rye is going with a crown vic for a cheif's vehicle over another ford or chevy suv?

It was the incoming Chiefs decision.

Rye had set a deadline because the crown vic is M.I.A. and if it is not here by that deadline they are cancelling the order.

Rye had set a deadline because the crown vic is M.I.A. and if it is not here by that deadline they are cancelling the order.

The car was delivered to the dealer in the time specified. The contract does not specify how long the dealer can take to set up the equipment.