Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dondestro

Dodge Charger SRT8

53 posts in this topic

Also, the car was outfitted in CT, so the owner might be from Connecticut. Connecticut has slightly different regulations depending on your law enforcement/fire/EMS/OEM status.

That is a POV?

If it is, DAMN, that's a nice POV. If not, I'm jealous.

Mike

Blue light. a. One blue light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned by a volunteer member of a fire department or on a motor vehicle owned by a member of such person's family residing in the same household or by a business enterprise in which such person has a proprietary interest or by which he or she is employed, provided such volunteer firefighter has been authorized in writing to so affix a blue light by the chief of the fire department or company of which he or she is a member, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the chief who issued the same or his or her successor in office. Such blue light may be displayed exclusively by such volunteer firefighter on such a vehicle only when engaged in an emergency operation. The use of blue and red light combinations shall be prohibited on all fire vehicles. The use of blue lights on fire vehicles shall be prohibited and the use of blue lights on vehicles shall be restricted for use only by a volunteer firefighter except as otherwise provided for in subparagraph b of this paragraph

A Volunteer Firefighter is allowed on blue light. By the letter of the law, if there is only one light on at any given time, that constitutes a single light. there was, in past, a wattage restriction that has been removed ( I think it was 34 candle power). Also, a light bar that is blue, continuously counts as one light.

Hot ride, someone impound it and let me know where it is stored...oh yeah, it is in my garage!

It is not really in my garage, btw...don't be peeking!

Just wondering how this is Legal? I see some serious impersonation / legal issues, not to mention that the V&T law states volunteers, both fire and EMS can have only 1 single light, and they specify the candle power.
This car is totally legal as is AS LONG AS THE LIGHTS ARE NOT ILLUMINATED. You can have a red and blue colored lenses on a lightbar of any vehicle, however it can not be illuminated.

I have that car's big brother, the 300C SRT8. It would make one heck of a pursuit vehicle.

I would say that this vehicle is the POV of a FD Chief or an EMS Line Officer that has permission to run red lights and sirens in their POVs.

It's a Pound Ridge Fire Fighter's private vehicle. Another sick addition to his fleet

It appears you all missed this statement.

BUT, with the advent of clear LED's, does that make for a loophole in the law, or do LED's fall under clear?

I would interpret the word "Display" as language meaning illuminated.

All LED's look white or clear, while off.

Even with no lights on, that ride would be an attention-getter...

...(especially in MY driveway) :P

It appears you all missed this statement.

Good - i'm glad I'm not the only one that picked up on this...

Must be the same guy that has the P.O.V. (That means privately owned vehicle.....) Hummer with his own tic, jaws and generator... Heard about this fella last week... must be nice to have that kind of money..

Must be the same guy that has the P.O.V. (That means privately owned vehicle.....) Hummer with his own tic, jaws and generator... Heard about this fella last week... must be nice to have that kind of money..

The exterior shots of this car are great, over the top is more like it..

Any pics of interior setup ???

:o

You're joking, right?

Damn, I wish I had that kinda moolah to burn as well!! Ask him if he's into contributing to a support fund for me!!!

hey Xfirefighter484X, we know someone that is from pound ridge, i'm sure he knows this guy. i might have to ask the next time i see him.... :rolleyes:

Edited by EFFP411

well, after a little digging and asking questions to the right people... who shall remain nameless, Yes, this is a confirmed POV, that belongs to a Pound Ridge firefighter. All the lights are blue, and the owner probably has more money than all of us on the forum combined, just on one credit card. I would love to see some pictures of the Hummer you guys mentioned.....

Yes VERY nice vehicle, Makes alot of people jealous BUT No rules and regulations from the department? Does the Chief care? Board of Directors/Commissioners care? How about the local PD?

If the member gets in to an accident does the Chief fall because he allowed the person to break the law (if all the lights are in use)?

Only curious what the thoughts are.

Edited by LCFD968

I've seen that Hummer around before...believe it or not they put it in most if not all the parades they go to. If I can remember correctly it has a full size Edge lightbar with a number of secondary warning LED's. I never knew about the jaws and stuff though...seems to me like a huge legal issue.

I know nobody in Somers would EVER be allowed to do something like that to their car. Personally, if I were chief, I'd flip.

I wonder what the department's insurance company thinks about the jaws set-up. Or I wonder if they know.

:o

You're joking, right?

Damn, I wish I had that kinda moolah to burn as well!! Ask him if he's into contributing to a support fund for me!!!

Hey buddy - even though the car ain't quite as nice, you still got a hell of a light setup in the back of your car...lol (thanks to yours truly)

I guess it's true...money can buy happiness ;)

Yes VERY nice vehicle, Makes alot of people jealous BUT No rules and regulations from the department? Does the Chief care? Board of Directors/Commissioners care? How about the local PD?

If the member gets in to an accident does the Chief fall because he allowed the person to break the law (if all the lights are in use)?

Only curious what the thoughts are.

They only get 1 or 2 calls a year, so this scenario is almost obsolete. Otherwise, I am sure this guy can fend for himself when it comes to money terms and legal necessity! Some people get more than others, just a way of life!

Its a nice car but, thats just excessive, if you have a need for that many blue lights, something is wrong.

Hey buddy - even though the car ain't quite as nice, you still got a hell of a light setup in the back of your car...lol (thanks to yours truly)

Haha, yea, but theres always room for more!!! :lol: