Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
effd3918

Weather Event

12 posts in this topic

/O.NEW.KALY.WS.W.0004.080222T1200Z- 080223T1200Z/ NORTHERN LITCHFIELD- SOUTHERN LITCHFIELD-WESTERN ULSTER- EASTERN ULSTER-WESTERN DUTCHESS- EASTERN DUTCHESS- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...TORRINGTON...OAKVILLE...NEW MILFORD... TERRYVILLE...SUNDOWN... ELLENVILLE...WOODSTOCK...WEST HURLEY... KERHONKSON...NAPANOCH... PHOENICIA...KINGSTON...NEW PALTZ... POUGHKEEPSIE...BEACON...ARLINGTON... PAWLING...DOVER PLAINS... MILLBROOK... PINE PLAINS...AMENIA...MILLERTON 1208 PM EST THU FEB 21 2008 ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM FRIDAY TO 7 AM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM FRIDAY TO 7 AM EST SATURDAY FOR THE SOUTHERN CATSKILLS...MID HUDSON VALLEY SOUTH OF KINGSTON...AND NORTHWEST CONNECTICUT.

A STORM IN EASTERN TEXAS...WILL MOVE NORTHEAST THROUGH THE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY...AND INTO THE MID ATLANTIC STATES BY FRIDAY. THIS STORM WILL BRING A SWATH OF HEAVY SNOW...MIXED WITH SLEET...TO THE WARNING AREAS.

SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION AROUND OR SHORTLY BEFORE DAYBREAK ON FRIDAY. SNOW...FALLING AT RATES OF HALF AN INCH TO AN INCH PER HOUR WILL ACCUMULATE THROUGHOUT MUCH OF THE DAY. AS WARMER AIR TRIES TO MOVE IN ALOFT... SOME SLEET WILL MIX IN DURING THE LATE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS. THIS WILL CUTBACK ON ACCUMULATION RATES DURING THE NIGHT...BUT KEEP UNTREATED SURFACES VERY SLIPPERY.

FIVE TO TEN INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED ONCE THE SNOW AND SLEET WINDS DOWN LATE FRIDAY NIGHT OR SATURDAY MORNING. SOME AREAS MIGHT LOCALLY PICK UP A FOOT OR MORE.

A LITTLE MORE SNOW MIGHT LINGER ON SATURDAY...BUT IT WILL BE LIGHT AND NOT ADD MUCH MORE ACCUMULATION. A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

Whos ready for some stand-bys?!?!

Edited by effd3918

If you guys have food, I might just consider working a day shift in Fishkill tomorrow. :P

A foot!?!?!?!?!

I have to be in Mass for the World Championship Qualifier Saturday!!!!! NO!

yea I dont know.... the weather service has proved wrong many times before.. but more is better than less lol for us school kids

You guys are getting a foot?! I'm only getting 2-4 inches of snow and 3-5 inches of a snow/sleet mix. Oh well, got my new Call of Duty 3 for the Wii, and it looks like I'll have some time to play it tommorrow. :)

Mike

This weather system appears to be going to affect a whole lot more than just Dutchess! :o

This weather system appears to be going to affect a whole lot more than just Dutchess! :o

very very true......north of mahopac is predicted to get 4-7 inches and south of the is predicted to rang from 1-4....but thats just my area im covering...everyone please drive safe to calls. You cant help anyone if you dont make it there first

If it's going to be a "weather event," then my question is "where can I get tickets?" I really wish meterologists would stop using the word "event" to describe what it really is, a "STORM."