Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoFire390

Anyone Have A Buddy Light?

18 posts in this topic

hey gang I was just wondering did anyone else order that helmet light called the "buddy light"? if you did how do you like it? I just ordered one myself.

hey gang I was just wondering did anyone else order that helmet light called the "buddy light"? if you did how do you like it? I just ordered one myself.

I was debating ordering one too please let me know how you like it when you get it.

I was debating ordering one too please let me know how you like it when you get it.

Was shipped out yesterday. Spoke with the very nice lady that works there. So far costumer service is a 10!!!

One of the guys in my company bought one about a year ago. He liked it quite a bit but unfortunately its very easy to leave it on and kill the batteries. If you had a color coded system for your officers and interior guys, I imagine it would be pretty effective in rapid identification.

I have one on my helmet. Its very bright and works easy enough. But like mentioned, you either leave it on, or some joker in the firehouse walks by and slaps it on and the batts die costing you $12 for the little things!! :lol:

They are easy to replace though, and the light is bright enough to use as a flashlight, and its hands free. I recommend them.

Moose

Buddy Light works GREAT! I have it on my helmet...a trick to accidentally turning it on is to hang on to the nylon washer that came with it, tie it with a small piece of nomex string (fashioned from an old hood), and keep the washer in there when not in use. When needed, simply pull the string out and turn on the light. There is literally no slack in the string, so it's like it's not even there. (But, for right now I have no use for a fire helmet...grr)

The product was invented by a firefighter, for a firefighter. It's a home grown business. And it's a VERY high quality product.

Also, remember that Buddy Light is a sponsor of the EMTBravo websites, so by buying through them, you are helping to support the EMTBravo websites. If you buy a Buddy Light, PLEASE tell them you found out about the Buddy Light through EMTBravo.com!

I have 2 Buddy Lights to give away- hope to announce that contest sometime soon.....

thanks for your input gang. I cant wait to get mine!!!! I'm hoping, that once I get it, the department might think about getting them for all of the members that respond to calls. The Buddylight Company emailed me, and told me that they are awaiting a new led, that will make them brighter and longer lasting. I can't wait! I'm like a little kid at christmas time, awaiting Santa. :lol:

Got it yesterday at 12:00pm. Works like a charm!!! And fits like a glove!

Got it yesterday at 12:00pm. Works like a charm!!! And fits like a glove!

Thank You

I've been informed that the newest models being shipped include a switch feature that makes it more difficult to "accidentally" turn on, without impairing the speed of turning the light on.

I've been informed that the newest models being shipped include a switch feature that makes it more difficult to "accidentally" turn on, without impairing the speed of turning the light on.

To quote Car Company Lexus, It's the "Pursuit of Perfection."

Mike

I know that this topic has always been created but it seems as though the other page is closed. I was wondering, in regards to the BuddyLight, what colors do people suggest? Are each color for different uses or is it just personal preference? Does anyone who owns one have any suggestions??

Edited by res46cue

I have a white one, but only because I am using it as a flashlight. The different colors are used as an identifier on fire scenes, like white for chiefs, red for line officer, blue for EMS, etc etc. The colors can be used for any kind of identification purposes, but it should be noted to make it identical to the County you are in so as to not cause confusion.

Here is my Buddy Light the day I mounted it on my helmet.

post-3032-1205325103.jpg

To give you even more to look forward to, I dont know if anyone else got this, but yesterday I received an e-mail from the company stating that they just shipped me the new LED lights for the Buddy light free of charge to update mine. I could not believe it! :blink: And than soon, they will have an even brighter LED that they will also ship out to me when it gets in! Great Product, Great Service, Great Company!!

I strongly reccomend this to everyone looking for a decent hands free light.

I have one, great light when you are crawling in a smokie enviroment or out in the street at night being able to be seen.(white light) Is what I have.

I got mine the other day(white) and I love it so far! Well worth the money!