Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

You Know You're a BUFF When...

46 posts in this topic

These are great keep em coming!

you Know your a buff when75% of the shirts you own are FD/PD/EMS shirts.

VERY TRUE

You know your a buff when you know what companies are closer for mutual aid than your own chiefs, officers and dispatch center.

You know your a buff when you get up at 2 in the morning to drive across the state to catch a job. (I never did that LOL)

You know your a buff when you are the first realize that several departments change thier alert tones and no one else realizes it.

You know your a buff when you buy a car or truck by the ease it is to place your radios and lights in.

Izzy, I am guilty on the last one.

you know your a SUPER buff when you plan a night to go from ossining to manhattan and buff out EVERY call you hear from listening to 60 control, firegrounds, trunking radios, FDNY and FDNY EMS frequencies. on the way witness a crazy car v. concrete median and wait until FDNY R1 arrives to leave. and end the night at ground zero, grabbin a slice of pizza from the pizza place a few doors down from the FDNY L10/E10 house. on foot, buff a working fire call 2 blocks away take the LONGEST possible way back!

Good Times!

You know which piece of apparatus it is when your hear the sound of it's motor off in the distance.

This still makes me laugh !

post-23-1204334758.jpg

You know you're a buff if you write your own wedding vows and title them SOP's.

You know you're a BUFF when before you hang up the phone at HOME with a 10-4 K

You know you're a buff when you spend more money on gas and coffee than you do on food in a week.

You know you're a BUFF when before you hang up the phone at HOME with a 10-4 K

I was actually half concious one night, my mom called, and I answered the phone, Fire Department, 408, what's the address of the fire??

You know that you're a buff when it takes you 15 minutes to travel from Fleetwood to Manhattan to catch a 5th !

Hhhhmmmmm....now who drives like that ?

You know you're a buff when you open up the internet and emtbravo is your default website. :D

you know you're a buff when

-fire department equipment dominates the space in your vehicle

-you have more lights than the chief

-when you can tell which chief is talking on the radio, without hearing the identifier

-knowing all your dispatchers by VOICE, then number

-hope and pray than if you get a good call while your at work, a fellow co-worker happens to drop in and offer to let you go on the call!! (Thanks Sammie)

your know you're a buff when you read every one of these posts and ask what's so bad about that??

your know you're a buff when you read every one of these posts and ask what's so bad about that??

You guys should just rename this thread "You know you're 642 if..."

I must be the ultimate of buffs..... :lol:

Here's a couple to add.

You know you're a buff when you have more firehouse numbers in your phone then those of the opposite sex.

You know you're a buff when you have a house account at Rescuestuff or AAA.

You know you're a buff when you go out on a date and, wait, real buffs never have dates!!!!!

;)