Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

You Know You're a BUFF When...

46 posts in this topic

There was a 'You know you're a dispatcher' thread awhile back, but how about a buff list.

Here's a couple of ideas

You know you're a buff when.....

When you know the location of all the companies in the city/county/town

When you know a box assignment to everywhere in the city. You can even name the Talkgroup for the fireground.

You know dispatch assignments for anything, CO alarm, Master Box, First Responders, etc...

Anyone got anything else?

Mike

You know you're a buff when you can tell what truck is in your rear view mirror based on the light set up.

you know you're a buff when you have more lights in your personal car than any apparatus you ride!

You know your a buff when you can identify which town a peice of apparatus is based on its call sign and then recite the other pieces of apparatus in their fleet as well as the other trucks make, model and capabilities.

Edited by bvfdjc316

you know you're a buff when you can identify every agency 60 control dispatches based on it's tone!!

You know you're a buff when you listen to your scanner more that your Ipod or radio.

You know you're a buff when you know the Company name that the apparatus is assigned to.

You know you're a buff when all of the chiefs in the area know your name.

You know your a buff when it snows you build a snow firehouse

You know your a buff when you know more about a neighboring companies apparatus better than its members do

You know your a buff when you post things in the thread you know your a buff. LOL

You know you're a buff... When you check EMTBravo every hour just to see if anything has happened or a new topic has begun...

You know your BUFF when: You have more antennas on your vehicle then all the rigs combined in your department. Oh wait is that a redneck thing? Thats a another thread... LOL!!

You know you're a buff when you bring your laptop on vacation with you just to listen to scan60.com

You know you're a buff when you bring your laptop on vacation with you just to listen to scan60.com

Damn it!! :P

You know you're a buff when you spend more time going to fires than you do at home.

You know you're a buff when you name your pets 3491, 3492, 3493.......

You know your a buff when you know what companies are closer for mutual aid than your own chiefs, officers and dispatch center.

You know your a buff when you get up at 2 in the morning to drive across the state to catch a job. (I never did that LOL)

You know your a buff when you are the first realize that several departments change thier alert tones and no one else realizes it.

You know your a buff when you buy a car or truck by the ease it is to place your radios and lights in.

You know you're a buff when you name your pets 3491, 3492, 3493.......

I like this one!!! :lol:

You know you're a buff when you go down this thread and go yup, yup, yup as a personal checklist!

You know your a Buff When you walk out side and can Smell the Job Before the Tones Him Or your name is (642)

Or as it is down here your Hear Ossining Tones go over and everyone Is Slient till we figure out the call and it is sad that your try to figure out the call before you hear it and 95% of the time you are right

You know you're a buff... When you check EMTBravo every hour just to see if anything has happened or a new topic has begun...

Hey!!!! :rolleyes: I take that personally!!! :P

(just kidding)

You know your a buff when it snows you build a snow firehouse

hahahaha... that's classic

Another one,

You know you're a buff when you name your car/truck/SUV Car 1, Car 2, AND Car 3. You also have 3 base scanners in each of them.

Guys, keep up the laughs! :lol:

Mike

You know you're a buff when a distpach for a comfirmed working fire is your alarm clock.

You know your a BUFF when your cell phone ringer is your fire pager tones

You know your a BUFF when your voice mail ringer is a copy of your last dispatch

You know your a BUFF when your voice mail ringer is a copy of your last dispatch

Damn you!! you took mine!!!!! lol

You know your a buff when you know all the dispatcher by voice and badge number!

(I wonder who :blink: ) lol

And I'm still waiting to get the tone frequencies so I can set my ringer up like that.

PS could someone find the original "You know you're a buff when.." I put up a few years back?? I can't seem to find it.

And I'm still waiting to get the tone frequencies so I can set my ringer up like that.

PS could someone find the original "You know you're a buff when.." I put up a few years back?? I can't seem to find it.

Ask and you shall receive The Original "You know your a buff When...." topic

I could of sworn you did more then just that, or atlest people added more then that.

Edited by ems-buff

You know you're a buff when other firefighters locate you by listening for the clank of tools in your bunker pants.

You know you're a buff when you have SCBA on every floor of your house, "Just in case."

You know you're a buff when your duty belt has more pockets and loops than your coat.

you Know your a buff when75% of the shirts you own are FD/PD/EMS shirts.