March 8 & 9, 2008

Available Classes:

FAST

SCBA Mask Confidence

Incident Safety Officer

Highway Safety for Emergency Responders

Flammable and Combustible Liquid Emergencies

Confined Space Awareness & Trench Rescue Awareness

beekman is sending 11. heard the attendance is very low this year due to some big dinner.

beekman is sending 11. heard the attendance is very low this year due to some big dinner.

Big Dinner? Where?

Big Dinner? Where?

Lol, no wonder. I saw Slimmy a couple weeks ago and asked if he was going, and he said no, something about some dinner :o

Lol, no wonder. I saw Slimmy a couple weeks ago and asked if he was going, and he said no, something about some dinner :o

I didnt think it was that big :blink:

If Slims missing Montour I guess its big.

I didnt think it was that big :blink:

If Slims missing Montour I guess its big.

:lol:

Funniest thing was the look on his face. I guess when you only know people from meeting them at Montour, and they don't recognize you when you ask them, it can make for an awkward few minutes!!

Can't help you on the dinner 484. I wanted to try to get up and teach for the weekend but I had a scheduling conflict with my FF 1 class. Maybe next year...good to see 11 from my department going up though. Have fun.

Whats the big dinner for? somebody retiring?

The dinner is an annual thing that the organizers put together to help people meet each other and have a good time.

I remember some of the trips i went on the DC weekend, those Kamikazes were good.

The dinner is an annual thing that the organizers put together to help people meet each other and have a good time.

I think they mean another dinner not involved with the DC Weekend, not the buffet they do every year up there.

PVFD has their annual dinner on the 8th. I know Andrew will miss Sarah Baker. Remember Andrew that it's Beekman who is getting her out of town for you.

There was also an issue with short notice since the County Weekend forms came out two weeks prior to the original deadline. The deadline was extended.

Last year it seemed like East Fishkill was 50% of the attendance and PV was 40%, it should be empty this year. Too bad, the valley crew tends to be the most fun!

Man...I havnt been to County Weekend since "JJ" was around.... same year me and Dum Dum WALKED back to the campus from whatever bar is popular there in town...thanks to "Steady Eddie" for picking us up....That was a crazy year.

Last year it seemed like East Fishkill was 50% of the attendance and PV was 40%, it should be empty this year. Too bad, the valley crew tends to be the most fun!

No love for the EF crew??

Man...I havnt been to County Weekend since "JJ" was around.... same year me and Dum Dum WALKED back to the campus from whatever bar is popular there in town...thanks to "Steady Eddie" for picking us up....That was a crazy year.

Haha, we always walk back from the bar down the road. Used to be the Melting Pot, now its called the Bullpen. Dum Dum is still Dum Dum. He took care of a sleeping member in class last year by crowing like a rooster. Ahhhhhhh good times!!!

I haven't seen Steady Eddie in a while!!!

This bar was definilty NOT "down the road"!

This bar was definilty NOT "down the road"!

Ohhhhhh, ok, I think I know which one you are talking about, but the name escapes me at the moment!!

I cant recall it either.....

I'll offer ONE MILLION POINTS TO WHOVEVER REMEMBERS THE NAME!

Once I hear it - I'll remeber it...but it was in town.

The Hole in the Wall at Montour Falls NY...

I have no frikkin idea!

It wasn't the Rambling Brook Inn, was it? AKA RBI? Personally, I havn't gone that far out of town since DCWIII or V. The Bull Pen is all the local flavor I can stomach. Well miss Slim at the card table, though.

I think there's only six of us going up this year. We have a batch of 10 probies who wanted to go, but they all need FF1 before we let them see the light of day.

Like usual, the 5th floor is ours.

Edited by Doc

Mechanics Club, Doane's Restaurant, Buischi's Bullpen and Wing House?

The Savoy? its either that or the one that sits right in front of it, which i dont remember the name of. its a little hole in the wall sports bar. we went there one year and the "live band" was called "the hillbilly experience" and it was a guy playing a banjo! it was quite the "experience" haha

Got it with one anooying phone call........

Just remember....Dum-Dum doesnt mean stupid-stupid.....(it's like the lollipops...licking....pretty gross...)

THE SAVOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though one of Arlington's Bravest beat him, to keep things honest - a cool mill going to 3484. Thanks .....

Even though one of Arlington's Bravest beat him, to keep things honest - a cool mill going to 3484. Thanks .....

Thanks! haha

The Savoy? its either that or the one that sits right in front of it, which i dont remember the name of. its a little hole in the wall sports bar. we went there one year and the "live band" was called "the hillbilly experience" and it was a guy playing a banjo! it was quite the "experience" haha

Got it with one anooying phone call........

Just remember....Dum-Dum doesnt mean stupid-stupid.....(it's like the lollipops...licking....pretty gross...)

THE SAVOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, yea, The Savoy. I never managed to visit there myself, I'm much too lazy to venture too far from the Academy. And yea, no one ever said anything about Dum Dum meaning stupid, lol!!

484, what are you hearing banjo music? Or did you watch that movie with the famous line, "Squeal like a pig, boy..." too many times?

484, what are you hearing banjo music? Or did you watch that movie with the famous line, "Squeal like a pig, boy..." too many times?

haha no it was actually a guy playing some sort of music on a banjo. sad thing about it was that people were actually paying attention and listening. then again that area is where the men are men and the sheep run scared!

I had to go back and read what you had posted. :blink: With my SN, some refer to me as 484, and then theres 3484, I guess easily confused. :lol:

Edited by xfirefighter484x

129 was this a certain year that a "scuffle" took place after a certain person was "propositioned" ? The same year we came upon the fatal MVA that just occurred in Hancock ?