Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jack10562

Firefighters’ & Citizens’ Lives at Risk in Oregon (VIDEO)

9 posts in this topic

From a recent Email:

August 7th, 2007 at 07:49 by MsUnderestimated

Yes, in Oregon, a lot of their recruits are Spanish-speaking only, yet, Oregon law requires that the Fire Department bosses speak the language of their crew. Even if there’s only one in a crew of 20. And why not make the Spanish-speakers learn English? Good question. But this is just another example of the looney left taking control and putting our safety at risk. Fire Department superiors are now being demoted because they can’t speak Spanish to accommodate one Spanish-only firefighter. Un-freakin’ believable!

Video:

http://msunderestimated.com/EnglishSpkgFFs.wmv

Interesting because a few years ago, I went on a cruise with a group of Volunteer Firefighters from all over the country. We had a presentation from the Cruis Ship's Safety Officer, who is in charge of the Firefighting as well as Security. He was Italian, but was required to speak English to get the job. He said this was because he could have as many as 50 different languages spoken by members of his crews, and English was the only common language that made sense.

I guess one of the good things about the cruise industry not having to follow US laws, is that the looney left has (so far) been unable to invade their corporate policies.

Words can't convey how truly ridiculous and sad that is.

I think its time for some people to start protesting.

THAT MAKES ME SICK ! amazing how people think. what is goin on in this country?

THAT MAKES ME SICK ! amazing how people think. what is goin on in this country?

It all stems back to the ACLU. While good in a few areas where someones rights have been violated, now, it's gotten WAY out of control. Now, somehow, the reigns MUST be pulled tight on these characters, before they COMPLETELY DESTROY this great Nation!

It all stems back to the ACLU. While good in a few areas where someones rights have been violated, now, it's gotten WAY out of control. Now, somehow, the reigns MUST be pulled tight on these characters, before they COMPLETELY DESTROY this great Nation!

Careful what you wish for... you may get it. The truest test of free speech is whether you support the right of someone to say things you disagree utterly with. Are you really saying the ACLU should be somehow prevented from speaking out when they see something they think is wrong... including speaking to a judge?

As for the Oregon situation described... it is of course an utter clusterf**k, *if true* (and my sceptic-meter pinged when I read it). What do the military do? Do they recruit people who can't speak English? Do they require officers to speak other languages to preserve the chain of command??!!

as stupid as this sounds, what choice do the supervisors have? no english speaking FF's want the job!

so what now? the taxpayers have to pay for ESL (english as second language class) or spanish as a second language for the supervisors!?!

Careful what you wish for... you may get it. The truest test of free speech is whether you support the right of someone to say things you disagree utterly with. Are you really saying the ACLU should be somehow prevented from speaking out when they see something they think is wrong... including speaking to a judge?

I think you know what I mean here! As I said they do great when somebody's rights are violated. But if you took the time to see so much of the nonsense that they push for you would not have read something that was NOT what I was referring to.

same thing at school, why should i learn spanish? make them learn english