Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo Elite?

33 posts in this topic

I am active on two non-fire/ems forums, and they approach this issue in different ways. One has several titles, that are automatic and are tied strictly to post count. The bad part is that the highest is set at 600, which from the looks of it, would be hit by a great deal of people here. The second does not use any specific titles and post count does not mean anything, but the board owner conveys personalized titles to individuals which are often meaningful but also quite funny.

As for renaming the verified title, I have to say I didn't think this had much at all to do with post count. Other than needing 25 to show that you intend on being an active participant, I had thought that a verified member was one who provided the information that could be used to verify one's identity. Since this is the case, there really doesn't need to be anything more for real names, as the members that want to post must have provided the forum staff with that information.

I do fear that we are getting too much into different ranks, when things seem to be running fine without them. I think that to many different ranks will lead to allot of meaningless posts in efforts to drive up post count. I also fear that any system that relies solely on the moderators and staff scoring the posts will be far to subjective and leave the site open to potential blacklisting of members, which is something we do not want to get int by any means.

Jack10562 has suggested a "MVM" class.....AKA a "Much Valued Member" class.

There is a system in place where moderators member advocates can "rate" a member based on the quality of their posts and contributions to this forum. The member or moderator can log why they are adding to a positive rating for a member, and the member can see who's rating who.

I may do away with the "Verified Member" class, replace that with "Alpha Member", and then we could have a "Much Valued Member" class.

Also, I've wanted to do a "Member of the Week" and "Topic Of The Week" or month for a while now, so we could highlight some of the awesome members here, and maybe we could tie that into the new system.

BTW, The real name thing is out, and the post count thing is out. Thanks for everyone's input on developing this idea. I'm not saying it is going to happen or it's not, just considering.

Here's is the bottom line...and I don't see what anyone needs to worry about after all is said and done.

If we decide to go forward with this, it is simply something to recognize the members who continually add a positive presence to our community, a "Thanks for what you do" for going above and beyond. It doesn't mean the member is extra smart or even 100% right all of the time.

Basically, it's like the points system, an attempt at systematically identifying those who are considered extra helpful and continue to contribute.

Look at it this way, everyone who contributes to the site gets noticed one way or another. Either it's for their demeanor and knowledge and positive presence, or there is the OTHER way of getting noticed, and I don't think it's necessary to describe that behavior.

We want to have everyone that visits EMTBravo to experience what a vibrant community we have, and maybe learn something new, and even make a few new friends.

Edited by EMTbravo
TOPIC CLOSED BY EMTBRAVO FOR PURPOSE SERVED-WELL SAID BY JACK