Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

EEOC Update: FDMV Promotions

13 posts in this topic

Recently the U.S. Equal Employment Oppurtunity Commission has completed (EEOC) their investigation into the charges that I filed with them for the promotion that did not take place in July 2007. Because of the EEOC ruling in my favor the Department of Justice (DOJ) will now issue the "right to sue" letter for discrimination charges along with the Equal protection/due process suit filed in December 2007. Thanks for all of your support, J Carroll FDMV

JC:

It's amazing it too so long for them to agree that somthing this obvious happened.

Good luck and hopefully you get what you deserve which is not only the promotion + benefits but also the respect you deserve.

Maybe the politicans will now see the light (doubtful but I try to be hopeful)

I am very unfamilliar with the workings of such a case, but a question. If you sue, win, and get promoted, are you eligible for retro pay from the date you should have been made?

Congratulations and good luck. Give them hell.

Edited by PC_420

GOOD LUCK JODY!

While on this topic Mr.Carroll, have any of the 5 gentlemen who were denied their appointment to the Dept. filed a similar lawsuit that you know of? It seems like they would have grounds to do so. :rolleyes:

If it was me- I would consult an attorney especially with the history of the hiring practices as well as promotional practices from the past.What some fail to remember here is that you are messing with peoples lives,careers etc. I do not know any of the 5 but from the newspaper the other day the union president made it a point that the 5 slots were vacant, why were they vacant? retirement, promotions etc. The money was there because those slots are within our 143 man roster. Don't hire anyone-next he will be complaining about the OT! Oh well.

Congrats Jody, good luck!!!!!! Give 'em HELL!!!!!!!

Good luck with it Jody - Congrats!

Congrats, Good Luck and Give 'Em Hell Jody!

Good For you. When right is right it is amazing how long it take to correct.You fought a good fight for the next guy this might happen to. Keep it up.

Jody am I gonna have to call you sir now, Best of Luck, that I think about it its not luck you need, just a fair chance.