Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

Port Chester 3/19 (2nd Fire) PICS

25 posts in this topic

PICS: http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/ta...e/PC%203-19-08/

Anyone wishing to use a photo for their FD website, please feel free! PM me for my full name if you need it.

All on-scene photos taken between 0200 and 0245 (timestamp on pictures is not accurate) using ryefd192's camera, since I left mine at home... and if you were wondering, I went to Harrison HQ first and made sure L-25 had a full crew and a higher-ranking officer before running off to play photographer.

0439 hours: TL-24 going back in service, L-25 returning

Edited by 242steve

Nice pictuers. Dose anybody know if this had anything to do with the 1st fire? And how close was it? Also who is watching Purchase? Being they had all 3 cars at the sceen with one tower ladder at work? or those numbers for other officers?

Purchase FD: 2411, 2412, 2413, TL53.

I know in my old Voll Dept they had and I think they still do have one car for MA.

2411 and 2412 are both chiefs of the department. 2413 is the captain and he was on the truck at the fire. Crews were standing by in quarters and a chief would have been available to respond if necessary. Mutual aid was also available if requested. Thanks to the tall guy from rye for the pictures... and hope to see y'all at the wet down for Engine 238 on March 30th...

JBJ

Was this an extension of the original fire?????

Was this an extension of the original fire?????

Not according to The Journal News article. The second blaze, seven doors down was discovered while they were picking up after the first alarm, almost 2-1/2 hours later!

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...EWS02/803190382

(those are my guys getting ready to cut the gas service)

Made for a long night/morning.

Can anyone tell me why Departments still allow firefighters to wear 3/4 boots? Haven't we learned enough times the hard way what happens when firefighters are not wearing all their PPE? I know all the "real men" wear the 3/4 boots rolled down and they probably started before there were SCBA's, but don't officers have the responsibility to ensure the safety of all their personel? This is 2008 nobody should be wearing 3/4's anymore. Just my 0.02 cents.

I am pretty sure that some of the gear got pretty wet during the first fire and they might have been useing back up gear.

Cool photo by Zinger57 of Mamaroneck Village L-20 operating posted as feature photo on http://www.emtbravo.com

Awesome shot, special thanks again to Zinger57!!

Port Chester engine 60 at first fire in the rear of fire building. Those are flames by Con Ed pole.

Note to poster: kindly refain from use of CAPS LOCK

post-289-1205964669.jpg

Edited by DOC22
Unnecessary use of caps lock

This is engine 60, 3 hours later at 2nd fire 400 ft away.

Note to poster: kindly refrain from use of CAPS LOCK

post-289-1205964942.jpg

Edited by DOC22
all caps

Can anyone tell me why Departments still allow firefighters to wear 3/4 boots? Haven't we learned enough times the hard way what happens when firefighters are not wearing all their PPE? I know all the "real men" wear the 3/4 boots rolled down and they probably started before there were SCBA's, but don't officers have the responsibility to ensure the safety of all their personel? This is 2008 nobody should be wearing 3/4's anymore. Just my 0.02 cents.

I think Chicago still does

Port Chester tower ladder 2 purchase ladder 53 Harrison tower ladder 24 V of Mamaroneck ladder 20 all in operation.

post-289-1205965272.jpg

Edited by DOC22
all caps

A few more 2nd fire

Note to poster: Kindly refrain from using all caps

post-289-1205965806.jpg

Edited by DOC22
all caps

Port Chester engine 62 [1981 mack ] in her last year giving water to V/M ladder 20

Note to poser: Kindly refrain from the use af all caps.

post-289-1205965949.jpg

Edited by DOC22
unnecesary use of caps lock

Building in feature photo over tiller cab of V/M ladder 20 built in the late 1800's in it's last hours. It was the 2nd fire last night. Blink.gif

Note to poster: Kindly refrain from the use of caps lock

Edited by DOC22
unnecessary use of cap lock

I think Chicago still does

Boston does as well after a study was performed a few years back about overheating in full turnout gear. I'm gonna start another topic on this one.

As E-38 Relocated to PCFD HQ , on the hill on pearl St we could see flames shootin from the roof and smoke completly filled Poningo St and the Firehose where the bays were still open

Harrison tower ladder 24 at work.

post-289-1205972299.jpg

Edited by DOC22
Unnecessary use of all caps

Purchase tower ladder 53 at work IFO fire building.

post-289-1205972557.jpg

Edited by DOC22
Unnecessary use of caps lock

Westchester county field com 1 at the crossroads Westchester and main downtown Port Chester.

post-289-1205972840.jpg

Edited by DOC22
unnecessary use of capslock

Does anyone know of other sites that people have posted pictures to? I must have seen about 20 people with cameras there... thanks.