Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

JetBlue Wants to 'Upsell' Extra Legroom

8 posts in this topic

jetBlue's legroom is plenty for me....I just wish the seats were a tad wider.

How much would you pay for extra legroom?

JetBlue Wants to 'Upsell' Extra Legroom

By ADAM SCHRECK, AP

NEW YORK (AP) - The head of JetBlue Airways Corp. said Tuesday the low-cost carrier expects to boost its noncore revenue by 60 percent this year, in part by charging passengers extra for more legroom.

"What we want ... is the ability to upsell," Chief Executive David Barger said.

Barger said JetBlue, based in Forest Hills, N.Y., soon expects to roll out a program called "even more legroom" that will offer passengers in the first few rows and emergency exit seats of its larger aircraft additional space for an added fee. A spokeswoman declined to provide details of the plan, but Barger made it clear the single-class carrier is not planning to start offering business-class service.

Full story: http://information.travel.aol.com/article/...travdynlsec0145

Barger made it clear the single-class carrier is not planning to start offering business-class service.

This sounds like a first step into doing that. Now they'll just charge a premium fee for those first 9 or so rows with out offering the business class amenities.

so you have to pay to "help in the case of an emergency?" haha

Pay for legroom, now some airlines are only allowing 1 checked bag and charging for a second, pay for your meals (if you call it food) Call it anything you want but its all AAP. (ADDITONAL AIRLINE PROFIT)

Jet Blue's "non" upsell prices are getting to ba a bit too much. Have been using AirTran regularly for about the last 6 months on my trips from Westchester to Orlando. Prices much cheaper....and the 8:55 PM flight is a bit too later.

Next you'll have a choice of clean or recycled air. $10

I experienced my first trip with jetBlue this past week, and I was very pleased. A lot different then how other airlines operate. And I did see an add for the new leg room, looks great...especially for us guys who are 6'4!