Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NYRangers30

Mount Kisco Ladder 43

9 posts in this topic

Mount Kisco has possessed the new Ladder 43 for about 6 months now, is it going to go into service anytime soon? What is the hold up?

Edited by NYRangers30

Last I heard they were waiting for enough drivers to be qualified on it. Port Chester Ladder 31 was supposed to go in service today, but I didnt get to stop by the firehouse, so I dont know for sure.

Hate to draw away from the original thread but I sure am waiting to see 31 coming down westchester avenue.

Last I heard they were waiting for enough drivers to be qualified on it.

This should be a major RED flag. How do you explain this to the taxpayers?

The XYZ FD need $600,000 to $999,999 to buy a new ladder because the old one is __________ (fill in the reason).

The XYZ FD spends months going thru the process of spec, bid, approval, pre-con, building, fitting out, training, etc.

The XYZ FD can't put this truck that we told the community we needed (1-3 years ago) in service because we do not have enough drivers?

You know how you explain it Ben. You explain it like this. You put the rig in service when you have people trained to use it. We don't send the police out on patrol with a gun before we send them to the range to qualify with it. Same thing goes for our equipement.

Why would we send the rig out on calls with a person that only knows how to drive it and not use the accessories on the unit. It's a faulse sens of secuirty to have a rig going to a call with no one knowing how to raise the ladders, or how to operate the grounding jacks. Unlike cities like NY. Departments around here don't have cookie cutter designed apparatus where everything is exactly the same. We also purchase it about 15 years apart. So the chance of having two rigs eaxaclt the same, yet put in service several years apart is slim to none. If your worried about what to say to the public. Then print this out and read it to public verbatum.

Just to clarify, Mount Kisco has NOT had their ladder for 6 months. Final acceptance was in mid December. Due to the guidelines placed into effect for driver training and other minor details, we have reached the 3 month mark. L-43 was placed into service at 20:07 hrs. this evening!!

:rolleyes:

I got to send E106 on it's maiden voyage, and R31 I think.....maybe I can get L43 it's first call?!

Good luck with it Gina and the Hookers! :lol:

Thank you!!!! Wait, when do you work again??!!!