Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Goldens Bridge New Ford F-550/4 Guys Engine: Status?

16 posts in this topic

In the last few photos, Goldens Bridge new tactical engine seems almost completed....has it been delivered yet?

2007 Ford F-550 4x4/4 Guys

(It was explained in prior posts that one of the main purposes that this Engine would be used for was to access the long narrow driveway's to large estates in GBFD's first due, that would be inaccesible via regular engine. Also would be able to handle brush fires, etc)

http://www.firehouseapparatus.com/index.cf...&truckID=76

thats a nice truck good luck with it

Thats cool, My station new brush truck will look something like that, We are getting it sometime at the end of year

Edited by dave27

I don't really mean to "hijack" the thread, but.....while on the subject of Golden's Bridge, is Engine 138 (1968/89 Mack CF) still around? Somebody told me a while back that it was gone, and the whereabouts was not known. After speaking with that particular individual on a few different occasions, I came to the conclusion that we might not be talking about the same vehicle after all.

Words can't describe how badly I wish that could be the foundation on which my own collection of apparatus could be built. Sadly, I am not in a position to do much about it right now, but.....how's that saying go? "All it takes is a dollar and a dream"....something like that. :rolleyes:

E-138 is still in service. It was refurbished in 1988 by Pierce and a committee is in place to to begin the process of replacing it.

In the last few photos, Goldens Bridge new tactical engine seems almost completed....has it been delivered yet?

There's no one out there that can answer this question?

Shouldn't something like this be called a Mini-Attack?

I can speak to this but won't air too many specifics. The bottom line on E139 is the delivery is delayed. I do not foresee any change in the status coming very soon unfortunately.

Yes - E138 is still in service in it's 40th year of service.

Shouldn't something like this be called a Mini-Attack?

I would think so but I don't really know what the requirements have to be in order to call it that. It looks like the mini attack that we have in my dept but ours is a lot older and only carries 2-3 people.

Edited by DaRock98

I would think so but I don't really know what the requirements have to be in order to call it that.

Valid Unit Types and requirements can be found at the DES Website

Thats not a particularly long door, but to divide it up would make two fairly small openings as well as put a substantial obstruction in the way.

Thats not a particularly long door, but to divide it up would make two fairly small openings as well as put a substantial obstruction in the way.

Im more intrested in the rational of GBFD designed it like this. What equipment is on the rig that would require a single door on each side like this. I guess a picture with the tools mounted in the compartment would also explain this but apparently this would happen until ???