Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
27east

Computer Problems

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Hopefully someone here can help me...I am trying to pay for two items I won on eBay with PayPal and whenever I try to confirm the payment (step 3 for those familar), I get the infamous "IE cannot display blah blah...". I emailed them and got no help....I've used the site before with no problems at all.

Is this problem on my end with the security settings???

Edited by 23piraf

Check the IE security settings,pop up blocker, spam, your anti virus and clear out all your temp inet files and cache if that doesn't work try another browser. Good luck.

I tried it with Safari and still the exact same problem. Could it be my ISP or is it on their end?

This is the first time I've ever had these problems.

Edited by 23piraf

I've made several purchases on ebay, sveral utilzing PayPal and never had a problem. But then, again, I us Fireox! :D

Hello all,

Hopefully someone here can help me...I am trying to pay for two items I won on eBay with PayPal and whenever I try to confirm the payment (step 3 for those familar), I get the infamous "IE cannot display blah blah...". I emailed them and got no help....I've used the site before with no problems at all.

Is this problem on my end with the security settings???

Go to a command prompt (Start, Run, CMD, OK)

Type nbtstat -RR then hit enter (make sure that the RR is in upper case)

Type nbtstat -R then hit enter

Type ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter

Type ipconfig /registerdns then hit enter

Now try your PayPal site. If it still doesn't work, try rebooting your Internet router... It is possible that there is an erroneous DNS entry in the router from DHCP -- it's worth a shot if the above doesn't work.

Good luck.

I tried it with Safari and still the exact same problem. Could it be my ISP or is it on their end?

This is the first time I've ever had these problems.

Depending on how this has been going on, paypals site may be down. Did you try to go directly to paypal.com and enter the info. There have been a few scams where people are emailed a link and the page looks exactly like paypal but it is not and then they steal your password and all your money.

I also agree that you should use Firefox 2. It cuts down on alot of problems experienced with browsing.

Go to a command prompt (Start, Run, CMD, OK)

Type nbtstat -RR then hit enter (make sure that the RR is in upper case)

Type nbtstat -R then hit enter

Type ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter

Type ipconfig /registerdns then hit enter

Now try your PayPal site. If it still doesn't work, try rebooting your Internet router... It is possible that there is an erroneous DNS entry in the router from DHCP -- it's worth a shot if the above doesn't work.

Good luck.

I did all that, then rebooted router...that did it!

THANK YOU!!!!!