Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - Chelsea Fire District - #50 Pappas Lane

10 posts in this topic

Here are my photo's of the incident...... It appeared that this was a complete exterior operation due to the heavy volume of fire encountered on arrival. I arrived late (Can't catch a break :( ) and was just getting ready to leave when firefighters saw something move on the second floor as exterior lines continued to operate. What they saw was one of two dogs that by an act of god, survived the massive volume of fire that consumed the house....... I believe the reports of person(s) trapped may have been from the owner trying to get the dogs out (Speculation on my part). They were unsuccessful in doing so and I'm sure they had given up hope....... An amazing outcome for sure....... Here's some photo's...... I'll put the shots of the firefighters retrieving the dogs and reuniting the dogs with their owner later........

280728015_cCisG-XL.jpg

With heavy fire on arrival, master streams were used to knock down the fire.....

280728364_fez5n-XL.jpg

Firefighters continue their fight as the moon shines over the scene....

280728742_FznDJ-XL.jpg

Castle Point VA Engine 91-11 operated at the scene with their deck gun......

280729115_HjFQx-XL.jpg

Not much left....... How could anything survive in this?

280729285_N8FBg-XL.jpg

Numerous streams operate..... Not long after this shot was taken, line crews saw something move in whats left of the second floor.....

Edited by Photounit

280728941_YhBTY-XL.jpg

Another shot of Castle Point VA 91-11

280729362_3eiFD-XL.jpg

Once the hose crews shut down their lines, to everyones amazement, here's what appeared from what was left of the second floor....

280729633_XNBvy-XL.jpg

The dog looks out over the crowd of firefighters who could not believe what they were seeing......

280729435_EgtJf-X2.jpg

The dog, obviously shaken would disappear and then suddenly reappear at another location.....

280729555_kzBo3-XL.jpg

The dog peers out as firefighters figure out how to safely get him/her out of what is left of the structure....

Edited by Photounit

that must have been one hot dog!

great pictures, unit...

Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

280729362_3eiFD-XL.jpg

Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto

Here's some shots of the dogs coming out of the structure.....I don't see how a cockroach could have survived the amount of fire these dogs did..... They must have found a void somewhere to hide...... I have heard the dogs were the ones who alerted the occupants to the fire who I've been told were sleeping on the second floor..... I believe the one dog did have some burns but as far as I know, they will both be alright...... Can anyone here confirm this???????

281072779_JoXqW-XL-1.jpg

Firefighters were able to coach the dog to come down what was left of the interior stairwell.

281073076_2S92K-XL-1.jpg

The dogs owner who had given up all hope, leads her dog away from what's left of the house....

281073633_StFCi-XL-1.jpg

The dog was a hit with the firefighters who couldn't believe it survived the inferno....

281072170_dbBwj-XL-1.jpg

The second dog was a hit too......

I have heard the dogs were the ones who alerted the occupants to the fire who I've been told were sleeping on the second

As one of 1st arriving FF"s All we were told by the PD was that everyone was out. Sounded like a good rescue by Town of Fishkill PD and a FF from City of Beacon who was in the area

Great photos Bill

Great photos Bill. just so unreal how animals survive in the most crazy situations.

The upstairs bathroom & a bedroom (B/C corner) were not as baldly damaged so the dogs could have been in those rooms.