Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfmuller

Re: City of Pok (Dutchess) Bank Robbery W/Bomb Scare 4-17-08

9 posts in this topic

I believe I've seen a few of these cars down in Washington DC.

I agree, there are alot of agencies out there with alot of special powers. Perfect example: The Department of Education has a police agency.

Probably the agency with the widest police powers? Postal Inspection Service. You DO NOT mess with the mail.

As a note, they were probably used for their Explosive Detection Dog Teams.

From MidHudsonNews.com

Suspect arrested in bank robbery

POUGHKEEPSIE – Police have arrested a man who held up the TD Banknorth branch at 21 Market Street in the City of Poughkeepsie shortly before 10 a.m. on Thursday.

The man, whose has been identified as Anthony Elting, 41, of Parker Avenue in Poughkeepsie, threatened the use of a gun and left behind a package that he said was a bomb. The Westchester County Bomb Squad responded and determined the package was not explosive.

Other agencies also responded to the scene including the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office, State Police and FBI.

There were no injuries reported.

Probably one of the smoothest operations I have been involved in here at the City - great job by all!

Great Job Dan.

Great Job Dan.

Thanks......City 911 was running at minumum staffing when that call came in too!

I've also seen these cars parked in downtown Peekskill a few times. Usually on park Street near one of the office buildings there.