Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Third Watch Vs. Rescue Me

22 posts in this topic

Which show is better THIRD WATCH :-k

Read the whole Rescue Me discussion and you won't need to ask. :->

EMERGENCY! SQUAD 51 RESPONDING, YEAH BABY!

Does anyone know if Rescue Me will ever come back on?

Rescue Me will be back for a Second season, when it will start or how long it will run is unknown to me, but season 2 will eventually be on the air.

rescue me is better =D> =D> =D>

I agree with RESCUE ME, but until it comes back on THIRD WATCH will hold me over.

My question is does any fireman consider 3rd watch a fire related show? Not a bad show but not even close to Rescue Me.

Third Watch is better written for police stories; the old fire and EMS stories usually lacked the kind of impact that the police stories had.

However, Rescue Me is a hell of a lot better when it comes to the on-the-job and off-the-job effects of being a Fire Fighter.

I agree, Third Watch is better suited for police stories. The fire stories were usually very brief and few and far between. I definatly will have to go with Rescue Me.

Rescue Me has a hotter female firefighter :pelvic_thrust2: :pelvic_thrust2: :pelvic_thrust2:

I've said it other threads, and I'll say it here again:

Rescue Me is absolutely disgusting. I hate that show, Third Watch, albeit very PD oriented lately, at least has a little more tact and class, unlike Rescue Me which will say and do anythings for ratings. RM is more of a drama than it is a show about firefighting, in fact it seems secondary that the characters are FF's.

I say bring on USAR-88, which would be the modern day version of Emergency!. It's being produced by Randolph Mantooth, and despite several attempts, has yet to be picked up by any network or syndicator.

Bring on a Fire and EMS show that kids can watch as well as adults, bring on a show that inspires, bring on a well written and well produced show please!!!

I agree, but I disagree also. Rescue Me is more of a drama, but it also attempts to show the "bigger picture" in each of the characters' lives. It mixes the life of each character on the job with the life that he or she has off the job, including any personal traumas, psychological issues, and addictions that each character may have. If the show would deal solely with fire, then it would get boring after about 3 weeks or even less; Rescue Me's format is well-rounded in this respect and is more true to life than Third Watch.

Personally, I always liked Third Watch more... back in the day there was a lot more fire/ems in it... now they're just trying to be like law and order and all the other cop shows... but I still like it better. I feel rescue me is a good show, but over-dramaticizes a lot and over-exaggurates a lot too.

Rescue Me is so much better since it is about firefighting and not police, which EVERY other show is about. look the cop show has been done every which way possible. Third Watch was ok i mean it was not all crap but they picked which boring road they are gonna take. as for the content of RM, ya it is a little crazy but hey isn't that the way life is? i mean lets see, a divoced father of three is sleeping with another fireman's wife, (i know he is dead but still), and is dealing with a drinking problem, Hmm doesn't every fire house have a guy sorta like that? maybe not the doing the dead guys wife part. the storyline was all plausable. everyones story intertwined. i think third watch had a story line when one guy has like a mail order type wife who is into the mob for something and the kill her or blow up his house, it was something like that. that is just plain dumb and not what makes a show good. being able to identify with the guys. has anyone watched RM and thought "hey that happened to me once" or the next day said "you remember when that happned to so an so?"

Rescue Me wins by a landslide

EMERGENCY!

Yeah, Now you're talkin'!!!!!!

third watch was primarily fire related when it first came on and was that way, i hate to say it, until 9/11. Once they took that break from the show for like 3 months, they came back and it was all police/ems. They used to burn stuff every episode. Now your lucky if they show a rig driving by.

I fully agree, Third Watch used to be FDNY/EMS and NYPD but as the show progressed it became more of an unrealistic cop show, not to mention the fact that TW is on for1 week and then off for three weeks. RM deals with alot of the social aspects of firefighting,Iwould like to see more action scenes.

They both suck.

3rd Watch:

How many paramedics can get shot, get run over or shoot someone? How many police officers are injured on that show? Or firefighters that weren't assaulted.

Or that one lone paramedic was the king of the system.

I stopped watching because it basically got to wacky for me.

Rescue me: One of the better....but

Shows the life of a firefighter on the job/off the job effects?

What being a paranoid schiziophrenic alcoholic?

Take a good look around you....what do you show the public? Is that the image we want? Regardless of whether its entertainment or not? Is it a drama's job to over glorify our problems?

1. How bout showing how it kicks our a** to search the floor above?

2. How building construction often leads us to losing buildings we might have otherwise saved with aggressive interior attack if it weren't for lightweight construction, truss construction, ballooon frame construction.

3. How bout letting people see the time it takes to advance to a burning room and what goes on when we do. That there aren't always victims but we do look.

4. That we don't just shoot water in from every window, we are crawling on our friggin stomachs sometimes to search a room, to get water on the fire.

5. What its like to walk on a roof and have the risk that you can go through. The nightmares of patients lost, victims lost.

6. That we aren't a (well most of us) braun without brain, the training it takes, and the calculated risks great firefighters take with good knowledge.

7. That we don't die from fire trauma, we die of heart attacks, and vehicle accidents first. Often on false alarms.

8. That we don't pay attention to LODD's to improve systems that we know caused a LODD, but rather complain about it and say its someone else's responsibility.

So with that.....they both suck!

No emergency show had more impact on the fire service than Emergency! Everyone expected ALS and hydraulic equipment and cardiac arrest reversals. Westchester took 20 years from there. Hopefully if TV shows influence what we do, having images of alcoholic firefighters with hallucinations, gun toting paramedics, paramedics whom cache ungiven narcotics, gambling addicted firefighters won't be expected to walk into anyone's living room for another 20 years.

Third Watch is definately a better show. Rescue Me is great for off the job effects yea, but no offense watching Rescue Me is like watching Jerry Springer. Third Watch deals with FDNY NYPD and the ems, and has a lot of action both for on and off the job.