Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Should Dispatch Agencies Be Reconized In Incident Alerts?

20 posts in this topic

Members-

We are considering adding a new field to the Incident Alerts: Dispatch Agencies.

In the IA's, we reconize and reflect who responded, but neglect to list the agencies who got us there and made it happen.

I'd like to reconize the dispatch agencies involved in the incidents, and if possible, the dispatchers.

I think the majority of the IA Writers know what agencies are dispatching whom, so I'm fairly sure obtaining which agency dispatched what wouldn't be an issue. The only con I can see is that it would take longer to post an IA, or make it harder to read.

What do you all think? Should we make this addition?

-Seth G.

I don't see why not dispatchers are just as important as the people who are on scene. I think they deserve some credit too.

would be cool. getting to know the dispatchers numbers. how high does 60 control go with the numbering system?

60 Control Just broke the 660's

I like the idea. Like DaRock said, they are an important part of the systm too. And, with the line in the format, I don't think taht the additional time it would take to write an IA would amount to a hill of beans.

I like the idea. Like DaRock said, they are an important part of the systm too. And, with the line in the format, I don't think taht the additional time it would take to write an IA would amount to a hill of beans.

In my oppinion its worth a shot , i think it might give a lil more info into certain IA,s

Does this mean i have to start saying my number?

60 Control Just broke the 660's

And 602 is still there.

Back to the days of 1 dispatcher on the 12-8 tour. You've come a long way Hap.

No I didn't forget 608 or 614, Just don't hear you guys as much.

545/615

And 602 is still there.

Back to the days of 1 dispatcher on the 12-8 tour. You've come a long way Hap.

No I didn't forget 608 or 614, Just don't hear you guys as much.

545/615

As a dispatcher and former DC911 dispatcher (ID 1412) was my number. I think this is a great idea.

I like the idea, and don't see a problem with it taking more time, what another 2 seconds? Everyone knows who there getting dispatched by so it shouldn't be that hard. Great idea.

I don't think its necessary for the dispatch center / dispatcher to be added in. Focus more on the incident, we know who are dispatch centers and dispatchers are.

As a dispatcher and former DC911 dispatcher (ID 1412) was my number. I think this is a great idea.

What's the matter loser - afraid to admit you rocked the mic in the BIG CITY 911 too!~?

Great idea!

I usually figure out a way to put it in anyways, so hell yea! We don't get much else in the way of recognition anyways...right?

I don't think its necessary for the dispatch center / dispatcher to be added in. Focus more on the incident, we know who are dispatch centers and dispatchers are.

I'd like to see more detail about the incident but what's a few keystrokes to recognize the comm center personnel involved?

I don't think naming the dispatch agency is essential, I figure everyone knows who dispatches a given department. Giving the dispatcher's personal number might not be a bad idea, lord knows you guys don't get enough credit. Let me take a moment to personally thank all of the underappreciated dispatchers reading this, you guys are awesome.

Edited by Raz

I'm all for it. Like I have said numerous times, you only hear about us when something bad happens (errors etc.), and I will gladly throw in who had the tour etc. if I can. In the Fire Bell Club newsletter at one time, they used to put in a specific major incident and who was running the tour at the time.

Thanks Raz, I love you man!

end of queerness...

Instead, I think you all should send us a quarter if you hear our number.

I think that most people would know who the dispatch agency is by looking at the town/city/village being dispatched. How ever dispatch centers can make all the diffrence on an call cause they are the commands life line to get more equipment to the site.