Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moggie6

Fairview Dutchess Ladder 2?

13 posts in this topic

I heard we got a new ladder. Does anyone have any photos?

Fairview Explorer Post 17 purchased the old HRPC L-1

post-3499-1210201882.jpg

post-3499-1210201890.jpg

post-3499-1210201896.jpg

post-3499-1210201906.jpg

I heard we got a new ladder. Does anyone have any photos?

I thought it was this one.... LOL

post-4288-1210201999.jpg

post-4288-1210259131.gif

Edited by x134

That's AWESOME! What is the heritage of the rig, and what are the plans for it?

I do not know where the Explorer Post purchased the rig but I do know they will be restoring the truck and using it in parades

ok if i did this correctly follow this link FDR Fire and you can see shots of this ladder truck in operation! These were posted by Bill Johnson I believe

Edited by moggie6

That's a great idea and good luck to the Explorer post in restoring it

I had heard that they were trying to get the truck from state surplus..... I'm glad they did...... This is a classic La France ladder truck and if I'm not mistaken, City of Poughkeepsie had one similar "back in the day". I believe this truck spent its whole life at HRPC and was left inside the fire station after the HRPC was shut down and it remained there until now.......... I don't know how much work it will need, but I suspect it's in pretty good shape...... Good luck with the restoration......

When the HRPC FD folded all the equipment was donated to the Fairview Fire District . In addition to the ALF ladder there were 2 Engines , one was a early fifties Mack and the other was a late sixties Ford/ALF. They also had an old Jeep that was converted for brush fires.All where put out for bid by the District as they were not deemed suitable for in service use. I believe a gentlemen from Pleasant Valley obtained the Ladder and the Mack. As for Poughkeepsie, we had a similar looking tillered 100' unit.

Thanks for the photos, bring back me back to the 1970's in Port Chester with ladder 31 ALF tiller.

I think this untaken by the explorer post of the Fairview Fire Company should be commended for their action to retake and restore the old HRPC Ladder truck.

The beauty of these old ALF's exhibt the dying breed of good fire appartaus from the early days of firefighting.

You guys there in Fairview go, you're doing a good job and keep it up. Looking forward to the completed project.

Nice pics FFD941, I will get some newer ones in here soon.

The ladder truck was actually stored in a butler building in Pleasant Valley, NY. Bilmar Nursuries. Seth, I think you have photos from the Christmas tree farm there. The owner of that farm has 2 barns full of vintage rigs, along with boneyards scattered throughout his property. He purchased all of the HRPC rigs from Fairview when they were sold/surplussed.

Will They Give Tours Of Thier Collection???

Thomas