Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr. Zuki

Yonkers PD: Alleged Glenwood gang summit rumor: Nonsense?

14 posts in this topic

So again yesterday the Journal News reports the alleged gang summit consisting of 300 gang members and taking place weeks back at the vacant Glenwood power station. This story sounds quite exaggerated considering there may not even be a total of 300 gang members citywide.

The other quoted number of 17 gang bangers sounds more credible. Can anybody give us the scoop please???

Many thanks

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

EMT BRAVO RULES

there may not even be a total of 300 gang members citywide. your kidding right?

I would have to agree with you also gss. Much of the numbers are difficult to estimate due to it is more of a regional issue and the fact that they move in and out of areas.

LOL - there are probably 300 in the 3rd Precinct alone...

Let's think about this for a second- 300 gang members and thier assorted vehicles congregating in one place, no matter the time of day, would go unnoticed by anyone? If a pigeon farted in the old power house, at least 9 people at 1 Glenwood would call the poilce.

Well to clarify---when they say gang members, is this term used to just describe a bunch of friends or do they actually mean actual members similar to made members of the Mafia. Big difference.....any group of kids can be called "A Gang."

Or better said, how many are estimated to be in the recognized gangs such as Latin Kings, Bloods, Crips, etc in Yonkers???

You also have some locals like the Arab Knight Possee, Hoover Road Boys, Party Harty Killers, Elliott Avenue Troopers, Mexican independents, etc.

Many, many aspiring members out there. It's like comparing made mobsters with associates.

The entire story still sounds exaggereated in numbers...

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

Or better said, how many are estimated to be in the recognized gangs such as Latin Kings, Bloods, Crips, etc in Yonkers???

You also have some locals like the Arab Knight Possee, Hoover Road Boys, Party Harty Killers, Elliott Avenue Troopers, Mexican independents, etc.

I can't speak for Yonkers being I don't work there and Truck 4 you're right and that was funny. lol.

However...some of the "locals" as you have pointed out are generally affiliated with a larger organization, if they weren't often they will not be in "business" for long. I work in a city where the population is far less then that of Yonkers and I'm willing to bet there are numbers well and way above 300. And in gangland "aspiring members" are often the most dangerous due to the fact they are put in positions to prove themselves in order to get full fledged membership. Most gangs give an up and down for a established amount of time or blood in, then there is a probation so to speak where certain actions must be taken.

Bloods, Crips, ALKN, MS-13 have large numbers of members and even more sub factions under their "protection" or control. Know what you looking for and what subtle signs are out there and you get a good knowledge of gang activity in areas. The old days of flashing simply colors are being less and less obvious being they have learned that sometimes less publicity in that manner keeps "business" running smoother.

I heard it broke up after the Warriors shot Cyrus.................... Can you dig it?!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Edited by Stench60

Dr. Zuki, gangs are actually a problem in Southwest Yonkers. However the numbers being quoted by the JN may be false. The 4th precinct has been actively patrolling this location with negative results of trespassers or anything for the past few weeks. I also don't think that the gangs are getting together on their own. There was a "gang summit" held in Yonkers at the Nepperhan Community Center last year in which a number, unknown count, of alleged gang members showed up. At that meeting were members of the "political organization" known as the Latin Kings. They preached how gangs were an "after school activity" and that they are peaceful. One of their speakers was later shot by a rival gang member on School St. in front of the housing projects, imagine that... Being one that takes the calls on a daily basis, I feel that our worst offenders are the Vatos Locos, obviously this is a Latin gang. It seems that once a day someone mentions them in their call as being the offenders. The YPD gang unit seems to be working on the problem as best they can and hopefully the re-development of the downtown area will help deter youth from joining these organizations by giving them something to work for or go do. One idea may be a simple one, start a wooden bat baseball league using the new minor league stadium and get FDC (the developer) to provide the funding for it. More games the better, you never know, the next star might come from Yonkers...

I heard it broke up after the Warriors shot Cyrus.................... Can you dig it?!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Best response to a thread.........ever..... Way to go.

"This one's for you Boppers..."

Warriors come out and play................Warriors come out and play

3 Beer bottles clicking in the back ground......

"Warrior's, come out and play ay".....This could go on all day, it's good to have some levity on a thread...

Well I can honestly say that if I was a Jet...I'd definately be in trouble because I would be chasing the Shark's women.

Still one of my favorite musicals.... Officer Patty O'Furniture. LOL.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Is it sad that I got that joke considering my age? (19 years old) Good movie.