Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

Officer Denis Murphy: Montvale NJ PD: Online Condolence Card

8 posts in this topic

NOTE FROM SETH: THIS WILL SERVE AS AN ONLINE CONDOLENCE CARD WHICH WILL BE PASSED ALONG TO THE FAMILY. PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO EXPRESS YOUR CONDOLENCES ON THIS THREAD.

Off-duty Montvale cop, girlfriend killed in NYC motorcycle crash

by The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk

Saturday May 24, 2008, 3:26 PM

An off-duty Montvale police officer was killed along with his girlfriend in a motorcycle crash early this morning in Manhattan, police said.

Officer Denis Murphy, 42, and Tina Kelly, 30, were riding Murphy's 2007 Harley Davidison at about 1:30 a.m. when they slammed into a concrete barrier at West 30th Street and 12th Avenue, police said.

"It was a temporary concrete barrier, and he may not have seen it," New York City Police Det. Kenny Anderson said.

Murphy was an 18-year veteran of the Montvale police force, authorities said.

"He was recognized here as a fine officer. We're obviously deeply saddened," said Montvale Councilman Tim Lane.

Edited by x635
Message/Edit To Add Online Condolence Card SG

Westside Highway is a deceptively dangerous rode. Real easy to speed on and constantly being worked on. RIP officer.

I wanted to just pay a tribute to my brother, Officer Denis Murphy. My mother and I just returned to Florida from New Jersey. Denis was flown to Miami this morning and we will be having services beginning tomorrow. He will be buried with our father on Saturday. Denis was a fine officer, but yet a finer human being. He had a big heart for all. He was always ready for everyone with a big smile and a great laugh. Our family is small, but very close. He leaves behind a great legacy and we will do our best to carry that on. His son, Shane, is his pride and joy. Tina was a lovely girl, whom we had the privilege of meeting and sharing wonderful moments with when Denis brought her to Florida. Please keep them both in your prayers. He will be deeply missed... his loving sister, Ana.

Ana,

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this diffcult time. Thanks for taking the time to come on EMTBravo to share with us about your brother, it is much appreciated and valuable to learn about someone who I wish I had met. He sounds like an awesome human being and I'm sure there was a higher cause for him, and although I know the wound will never heal or even make sense, please take comfort in knowing their are hundreds of people praying for him, and I'm sure he's having a great time riding up above. I've had family ripped from me tragically, and although I still have trouble comprehending it, I take comfort in knowing that there is a reason for everything that happens.

Please let me know if I or the members of this site can be of any assitance to you or your family whatsoever. The EMTBravo family is here 24/7/365 for you, and shares the same sentiment.

Seth G.

On behalf of the Officers and members of the Croton Falls (NY) Volunteer Fire Department, I wish to express our hartfelt condolences. You are in our thoughts and Prayers. Please take comfort in knowing that they are in a better place, now, s they sit at the Right Hand of the Father. And may God grant you the strength to make it through this difficult time.

Chris Richie,

Past Chief,

CFFD

May they both rest in peace.

Ana,

While no words can console and drown the hurt of losing a family member, please know that your Brother's fellow Police Officers, Firefighters, EMTS, Paramedics and other Public Safety workers mourn your loss. May God watch over your family and give you peace as you deal with this tragedy. May Officer Murphy Rest in Peace. Thank you for sharing.

Thoughts and Prayers also to the family of Tina Kelly.

Duane Kuhlow, Jr.

Emergency Medical Dispatcher/EMT

American Medical Response San Diego

My sincerest condolences go out to the friends and families who are suffering from this tragic loss.