Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bnechis

Weaver St & Quaker Ridge Jurisdiction Borders

24 posts in this topic

hit ether by, or collided with a car in Scarsdale ( I thought it was in scarsdale due to the radio taffic) . Scar-Vac 18 was already en route to the hospital with another call. NR Alpha 3 was called in because it was New Rochelle's District. (at lest that part of QUAKER RIDGE RD) This all happened around 730ish this morning

All of Quaker Ridge Road is in New Rochelle and 60 Control Recieved it /Dispatched at 10:21

Edited by EMTbravo
Topic Split From "Scarsdale PD Injured Officer"

Capt. Nechis is correct. Once you get to the intersection of Weaver St and Quaker Ridge is where it can get tricky. 1/3 of the intersection is New Rochelle, 1/3 is Town of Mamaroneck, and the last 1/3rd is Scarsdale.

Capt. Nechis is correct. Once you get to the intersection of Weaver St and Quaker Ridge is where it can get tricky. 1/3 of the intersection is New Rochelle, 1/3 is Town of Mamaroneck, and the last 1/3rd is Scarsdale.

Old wives tale. I use to think that too, until we got into GIS.

The New Rochelle border is 36" past the Eastern Curb of Weaver Street. The Home East of that point is in Scarsdale, and the TOM stops about 100' ft south of the intersection and goes North East along the Scarsdale border until it meet Griffen about a block in from Weaver.

Edited by Bnechis

Since we drifted slightly off topic, If there's a call on Sheldrake Lake (in the water) , who gets that?

NewRochelle, Town of Mamaroneck, or Village of Larchmont?

The New Rochelle border is 36" past the Eastern Curb of Weaver Street. The Home East of that point is in Scarsdale, and the TOM stops about 100' ft south of the intersection and goes North East along the Scarsdale border until it meet Griffen about a block in from Weaver.

Barry, The town line is at Dennis Dr and Weaver St, give or take 50'. It is no where near Quaker Ridge Rd.

Jack10562, The Sheldrake Lake's front half of the lower lake is the Town of Mamaroneck. The rest of the lower and the entire upper lake is in New Rochelle.

Since we drifted slightly off topic, If there's a call on Sheldrake Lake (in the water) , who gets that?

NewRochelle, Town of Mamaroneck, or Village of Larchmont?

The upper lake and the western 1/3 of the lower one are in NR, the Eastern 2/3rds of the Lower is in the Town. All of the New Rochelle section (I dont know about the Towns) is the property of the Village of Larchmont.

And to make things fun if the dam Breaks it all goes down to the Towns "Duck Pond" then on toward the Village of Mamaronecks Train Station.....An area well know for its high water issues.

THe big question then will be who owns it. I have the list of all the dams we own, and its not one of them. I supect its either the towns or larchmonts.

Barry, The town line is at Dennis Dr and Weaver St, give or take 50'. It is no where near Quaker Ridge Rd.

According to the NR Tax maps, the City GIS and the county GIS the border heads north from the Western 1/3 mark of lower lake runs past the end of Arrowhead La (which is in the town, But the 2 western "homes" are in 100% in NR - #707 & 709 even thou the fire 30 yrs ago in 707 was faught by the tmfd its in NR) 565 feet nort of the end of from the end of Arrwhead Ln the line shifts 45% to the NE for 382 feet until it crosses to the eastern side of Weaver St (but west of the homes on the eastern side of the street - they are TOM) then turns north for 500 feet till it hits Cornell Street where it again goes NE as the TOM / Scarsdale Border.

The NR line continues on the Eastern Side of Weaver St, just the road, no properties up to just north of the hutch, then it goes to the centerline. I always thought it was the cener line, but thats not what I see on the maps.

801, 803, and all of the other Odd # houses from that point north (the old stable, etc.), plus All of Pengilly Dr. Dennis Dr and Brookridge Rd. are in NR.

707 & 709 Weaver (on Arrowhead) were confirmed to be in NR, by the TOM, NR (me), 911 & USPS about 18 months ago as part of our rig mapping system and I witnessed the 911 testing from those 2 homes. If you can call them homes........A king would consider them a nice summer home on the lake.

Lastly....since you got me looking at the Maps...Larchmont also owns a large undeveloped area North of the lake, between Pengilly Dr & Dennis Drive (aprox 800' x 300' plus the lake)

According to the NR Tax maps, the City GIS and the county GIS the border heads north from the Western 1/3 mark of lower lake runs past the end of Arrowhead La (which is in the town, But the 2 western "homes" are in 100% in NR - #707 & 709 even thou the fire 30 yrs ago in 707 was faught by the tmfd its in NR) 565 feet nort of the end of from the end of Arrwhead Ln the line shifts 45% to the NE for 382 feet until it crosses to the eastern side of Weaver St (but west of the homes on the eastern side of the street - they are TOM) then turns north for 500 feet till it hits Cornell Street where it again goes NE as the TOM / Scarsdale Border.

The NR line continues on the Eastern Side of Weaver St, just the road, no properties up to just north of the hutch, then it goes to the centerline. I always thought it was the cener line, but thats not what I see on the maps.

801, 803, and all of the other Odd # houses from that point north (the old stable, etc.), plus All of Pengilly Dr. Dennis Dr and Brookridge Rd. are in NR.

707 & 709 Weaver (on Arrowhead) were confirmed to be in NR, by the TOM, NR (me), 911 & USPS about 18 months ago as part of our rig mapping system and I witnessed the 911 testing from those 2 homes. If you can call them homes........A king would consider them a nice summer home on the lake.

Lastly....since you got me looking at the Maps...Larchmont also owns a large undeveloped area North of the lake, between Pengilly Dr & Dennis Drive (aprox 800' x 300' plus the lake)

Barry......like I said....the Town of Mamaroneck line is no where near Quaker Ridge Rd and Weaver St.

Barry......like I said....the Town of Mamaroneck line is no where near Quaker Ridge Rd and Weaver St.

I thought you said (3 posts back);

"Barry, The town line is at Dennis Dr and Weaver St, give or take 50'. It is no where near Quaker Ridge Rd."

Dennis drive runs off of Quaker Ridge 900 feet west and parallel to weaver street. It never meets weaver

Edited by Bnechis

I thought you said (3 posts back);

"Barry, The town line is at Dennis Dr and Weaver St, give or take 50'. It is no where near Quaker Ridge Rd."

Dennis drive runs off of Quaker Ridge 900 feet west and parallel to weaver street. It never meets weaver

I stand corrected...Weaver St. and Pengilly Dr. ( the other Dennis Dr.)

And as I said......the town line is no where near Quaker Ridge Rd and Weaver St.

Thats ok as long as the caller has his tape measure or GPS/GIS interface.

OnStar

The caller gave the proper location, and we have GIS mapping with a GPS interface on tuffbook laptops in every rig. & they have an electronic tape measure

Working for TMAD and SVAC I've done plenty of calls along Weaver and along Griffen where it was sketchy as to whose call it was and oftentimes any two of the three (NREMS, SVAC, TMAD) agencies showed up. It's always been, regardless of whose district it actually was, whoever showed up first took the call and the other assisted, no arguments. The best though is watching the cops argue about who got stuck with the police report ;-).

OnStar

Yeah, cause THEY always get the location right! One of the accidents I got sent to on the Hutch would have put me into Orchard Bay in the Bronx if I followed the OnStar directions... :P

Hey guys, quit bickering about the lines and maps and post a GIS image of one already! :lol:

Yeah, cause THEY always get the location right! One of the accidents I got sent to on the Hutch would have put me into Orchard Bay in the Bronx if I followed the OnStar directions... :P

Hey guys, quit bickering about the lines and maps and post a GIS image of one already! :lol:

OnStar on a Helo, what will they think of next!

You know what, now that I think back, my original post about the district lines really doesn't make sense, since one of the last NREMS calls I did as a full timer was on Pengilly Dr!

For anybody wondering, this is the area we are referring to...

post-721-1211993132.jpg

You guys got way too much time on your hands! :blink:

You guys got way too much time on your hands! :blink:

That's what happens when your retired!!!

If 1 Department existed in lower westchester, This would not be an issue! Regionalization needs to happen to eliminate this BS.

If 1 Department existed in lower westchester, This would not be an issue! Regionalization needs to happen to eliminate this BS.

At this time there isn't just 1 department, so until there is, this is not BS.

This has been done mostly tongue and cheek. As Medibart stated he has done a few EMS calls in the same area with multiple agencies dispatched and it has never been a problem with EMS, nor has it been a problem on the fire side either. In this situation regionalization would only prevent duplicate response of SFD with NRFD or TMFD (60 would not dispatch NRFD and TMFD to the same location).

If anything has come out of this I hope that people have thought about "their" districts and maybe looked at similar areas. I think many people will find that there are little pockets that they are responsible for and don't know it. Also, the reverse might be true. Areas you think you cover and are actually covered by a neighboring department.

Capt Nechis mentioned 707 & 709 Weaver St., for years the Town of Mamaroneck covered those houses. With the new 911 cad system it IDs those as being in New Rochelle, (they are in New Rochelle) hence NRFD now responds (911 calls are routed for N.R dispatch). Many drivers of the 1st & 2nd due engines and trucks were not aware of this at the time. Now they know it and it is not something that 'you'll figure out at time of the alarm'.

As it has been stated here in the past, know your district. When you think you know your district, keep looking. You'll be surprised at what you don't know.

And don't forget these two jurisdictional messes:

Electra Lane which borders Yonkers, Mount Vernon and the Bronx--all three jurisdictions will respond.

Midland Avenue Scout Field @ the Bronxville line: It's county property, but borders in Yonkers, Mount Vernon and Bronxville.

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital