Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bfdlt141

Ridgefield NJ new rescue on you-tube

8 posts in this topic

Here is a link to a video I found on youtube. The question I have is were you thinking going code

Edited by TR54

Here is a link to a video I found on youtube. The question I have is were you thinking going code
i was there Was really something cool the sales reps thought up

I'm sure it is really cool until the either they get into an accident or cause and accident just because they wanted to show off.

Many new deliveries arrive that way. Just because the sirens and lights are on doesn't mean they're driving crazy. Nobody's going to jeopardize a brand new rig doing stupid things......or so I hope!

Many new deliveries arrive that way. Just because the sirens and lights are on doesn't mean they're driving crazy. Nobody's going to jeopardize a brand new rig doing stupid things......or so I hope!

Even if they are driving normally, notice the other vehicles all pulling over, what happens when one of them cuts someone off or they collide. Great PR.

Oh Boy....Oh Boy the new toy....I mean truck is here!!!!! Lets act stupid

That is the most a** backwards, and dumbest thing I have ever heard. The people driving in their cars have no idea what is going on, and what happens if you hit someone going lights and sirens to a non-emergency event?

I hope not either but that really is the dumbest thing I have seen. It's not the drivers of the rig you have to worry about its the other people on the road! You can't control what other people do.

I NEVER said that I either agreed with, or condoned, that kind of thing. I merely stated that it does happen that way sometimes. Obviously not every new arrival comes in the same way, based on the above responses.

And, for what it's worth, this past Saturday I attended the wetdown for the vehicle in question. Upon seeing the narrow, congested streets in the area surrounding where the event was held (and "assuming" the area around the firehouse isn't much better since it wasn't held there) I will agree that running code for no real reason in a situation like that was not a smart thing to do.