Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Montrose Parade 6/7/08

26 posts in this topic

Montrose's parade is today at 6pm

Edited by crazyguy77

its going to be a hot one for that Parade to day

Edited by oilflame

its 90 + out now how much hotter can it get .where is the rain?

I thought it was last night...well, stay cool, if you can!

They better have all of Cortlandt Vacs rigs on standby hopefully they won't need to use them.

This is usually a judged parade too, right? Guess there will be none of the partial uniforms.

its 90 + out now how much hotter can it get .where is the rain?

That is what it has been in Nashville, TN at the CMA Festival this week. Hope all goes well at the Trose Good Luck to everyone. 2275

any news on trophie winners yet?

Cortlandt Vac did have a Master Plan today for the heat with rehab set up and an ambulance at the Ambulance Corp at the Firehouse and at the end where they broke up. As for Trophys Cortlandt took Best Non-Firematic Color Guard and Best Overall Ambulance Corps. As for LT2275 hope all is going well in TN you missed a good HOT day Also make sure you leave 2495 there no big loss here lol. Congrats to all who won and hope everyone had a good time.

This is usually a judged parade too, right? Guess there will be none of the partial uniforms.

Sure...if you care more about some item that you really don't have all that much room left for in a fire station, is going to collect dust and that no one will even remember what it was for when its either in a case or stored about 12 feet off the ground in 2 years. All in the name of putting people at risk in the name of a trophy. woooohoooo! polish the paratech's, vacuum the compartments....but don't wave at the public you serve and never mind an operational drill tonight we'll do "equipment" ;)

Congrats to CVAC on their trophies...they are a great organization with good managment/leadership and all around just good people.

from what i was told putnam valley got 2nd best non regulation, best tanker , and best chiefs car

Yes interasting thing about the trophies. We did get Best Tanker and Chief's vehicle but the 2nd Best Non-Reg is still a topic of conversation. We are not at all complaining but--we have no jackets--we are Non Reg--no question about it. Just curious how Mahopac--who wears Jackets took Best Non Reg. Like I said--just a conversation piece--not complaining.

I could be wrong--and am going to probably answer my own question here BUT--maybe Regulation is Jackets and Pants with a stripe -- No stripe on the pants is Dress (which there was no catagory for in this parade)--therefore placing them in the non reg catagory?

Edited by PVFD113

alsfirefighter....AMEN Brother!!! But wait, are you saying that its not important in the fire service to have the cleanest apparatus and be able to march like soldiers down the street :rolleyes: ?

Parades, in my opinion, are the most important aspect of the fire service (insert sarcasim here).

All kidding aside, i was at the confirmation of my buddies daughter, so i wasnt at the parade. Congrats to the members of CVAC, as als said, they are an awesome organization that takes alot of pride in their presentation. Kudos to Irishfire2491 (CVAC Lt.) for all of his hard work preparing for the parade!

Yes interasting thing about the trophies. We did get Best Tanker and Chief's vehicle but the 2nd Best Non-Reg is still a topic of conversation. We are not at all complaining but--we have no jackets--we are Non Reg--no question about it. Just curious how Mahopac--who wears Jackets took Best Non Reg. Like I said--just a conversation piece--not complaining.

I could be wrong--and am going to probably answer my own question here BUT--maybe Regulation is Jackets and Pants with a stripe -- No stripe on the pants is Dress (which there was no catagory for in this parade)--therefore placing them in the non reg catagory?

Adam you are mostly correct, Regulation Uniform is with coat and no stripes (except rank stripes on the coats). Mahopac has what is concidered a "Dress" uniform because of the stripe on the pants legs. When there is not a Dress catogorey, we are concidered "non Regulation" and fall in with you guys.

Ossining won best overall as they always do

Ossining won best overall as they always do

When we let them. :lol::lol:

Sure...if you care more about some item that you really don't have all that much room left for in a fire station, is going to collect dust and that no one will even remember what it was for when its either in a case or stored about 12 feet off the ground in 2 years. All in the name of putting people at risk in the name of a trophy. woooohoooo! polish the paratech's, vacuum the compartments....but don't wave at the public you serve and never mind an operational drill tonight we'll do "equipment"

Congrats to CVAC on their trophies...they are a great organization with good managment/leadership and all around just good people

All in the name of risking people who need emergency medical services for the risk of a trophy WOOO HOOO lets clean the defibs, put hospital corners on the linens on the stretcher and make sure the the disposable gloves are neatly stacked in the box. ALS were you allowed to wave at the crowds when u buttoned up that U.S.M.C. outfit NO you'd be doing sit ups or push ups til your bones broke through the skin.......

We all have our own opinions on parades. Are they the most important thing--ABSOLUTELY NOT. For some--it is a time for camaraderie, fun, and a little competition among friends. For those who take it too seriously--then that is a totally separate issue. I am not for or against the trophy deal. It would be fine just knowing that you won--although--some of the awards are pretty damn nice. Maybe saving the money from trophies and donating it to a good cause would be better. Who knows.

It does keep the apparatus clean though--LOL

Ed--I had a feeling that is what it was. And well--your crew is much more experienced in parading (and winning)

Too bad about the "other" issue from yesterday. WE did ALL cross the finish line-LOL

Thats how you got Best Tanker :P:lol:

As a good friend of mine from the Big O says, Its all about having fun

Edited by EJS1810

As a good friend of mine from the Big O says, Its all about having fun

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

alsfirefighter....AMEN Brother!!! But wait, are you saying that its not important in the fire service to have the cleanest apparatus and be able to march like soldiers down the street :rolleyes: ?

Parades, in my opinion, are the most important aspect of the fire service (insert sarcasim here).

All kidding aside, i was at the confirmation of my buddies daughter, so i wasnt at the parade. Congrats to the members of CVAC, as als said, they are an awesome organization that takes alot of pride in their presentation. Kudos to Irishfire2491 (CVAC Lt.) for all of his hard work preparing for the parade!

Thanks Mike Dimond Plate does suck I finally got done at 6:30am it was a all nighter.

So who won the Raffle???? 5 big ones...

No problem Tommy, i know you busted your a$$!

In my last post, didnt want to be so negative about parades, its just that alot of people/companies get way carried away during parade season. There are way more important things to be concerned with in the fire service. I do think parades are a good thing, but to an extent. As als said, we are told not to wave at by-standers or smile while marching. I think that is ridiculous! If kids are waving and having a good time, why shouldnt we be able to wave back and make their day?

PVFD113, i agree with you bro. Parades are good for comraderie, but so is training. As i said, i just think some agencies get a bit carried away with parades, but dont put half of that effort into training, ya know?

Any pics from the parade? Sorry I had to miss it and would love to see some pics of those who attended.

ALS... Not to carry on a silly subject, but when that uniform goes on the pride grows brother. Montrose has that long tradition as does some others such as; Ossining, Mahopac, Rombout, Brewster, Katonah, Lake Carmel (sorry if I missed any) that train hard, fight hard and enjoy marching down the street like soldiers. There are more tax payers that pass comment when these departments march down the road with their backs straight, chest out, and all in step because they are impressed by the discipline displayed. Not to mention how well we take care of the equipment that they purchase us. These attributes carry over to the firefighting that we all do. I know that there are something’s that maybe excessive and compulsive with parading, but I think most of us know the line. This is something that I missed from my Military days and I am glad that I belong to one of these great departments that carry on this long tradition.

Thanks VAEMC, well said.

Well said 2275.

Did anyone get photos?