Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x134

Structure fires in New Hamburg - 6-10-08

19 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on the fires in NEW HAMBURG last night on SWENSON DRIVE?

What did you have Chief Moore?

from what i was hearing at my station that had two adjacent structures with basement fires and 911 recieved a call about a ruptured gas line on the street behind...not sure if the two were connected

Does anyone have any info on the fires in NEW HAMBURG last night on Stephanie lane?

does anyone know why chelsea wasnt called . newhamburg called roosevelt that was 4 districts away and rombout to cover wappingers. last time i knew chelsea was closer to wappingers. just wondering what was going on. ...

does anyone know why chelsea wasnt called . newhamburg called roosevelt that was 4 districts away and rombout to cover wappingers. last time i knew chelsea was closer to wappingers. just wondering what was going on. ...

I believe Chelsea had their own incident.

With how hard parts of dutchess were getting hit, especially in that area, it is not a surprise that they called in MA from a less busy, albeit farther way part of the county. Dutchess had a Tornado Warning in effect, with the kind of damage that was entolled and the amount of runs that Dutchess faced during this storm it is commendable on all fronts the interoperability and the cooperation that was shown last night

Chelsea did have a structure fire. Also, the next mutial aids would be Arlington, but they were too busy. New Hackensack was on standby in New Hamburg quaters (Station 2) and I believe Roosevelt was at thier other quaters (Station 1). Also, Hughsonville and Village of Wappingers and the Dutchess County Fire Investgation Team were operating on that scene. Also, it seems like the stom went up Rt. 9, then went over LaGrange area.

Thomas

Edited by TAPSJ

Chelsea did have a structure fire. Also, the next mutial aids would be Arlington, but they were too busy. New Hackensack was on standby in New Hamburg quaters (Station 2) and I believe Roosevelt was at thier other quaters (Station 1). Also, Hughsonville and Village of Wappingers and the Dutchess County Fire Investgation Team were operating on that scene. Also, it seems like the stom went up Rt. 9, then went over LaGrange area.

Thomas

Chelsea had been dispatched to a structure fire as well, but as I was told, it turned out to not be one.

Also, as far as calling for farther units, it is a smart decision, believe it or not. Not stripping the entire southern/southwestern corner of Dutchess, who got nailed pretty hard. I forget the exact term, but its jumping past neighboring departments, so allow for coverage inbetween the m/a dept's called, as I said, not stripping an entire area, and their immediate surrounding companies.

I wanted to extend a great job done by DC911, they were workin' their butts off up there, a bunch of us were listening in during the whole time. Emt301, if you want to pass that on for us, it would be appreciated!

New Hamburg, Hughsonville, and Wappingers were all at the 2 fire's. N.K.F.D , Rombout and Roosevolt were covering the village and New Hamburg. Due to all the calls in the southern end i think it was a good idea to bring them down.

Does anyone have any info on the fires in NEW HAMBURG last night on Stephanie lane?

Don (get it right)

There was no working fire on Stephanie Lane ????, that I know of....., but there was one on Swenson Drive and one on Meadow Drive. Dont worry,'' PHOTOUNIT " was there and I am sure he will post them (photos) in due time.

New Hamburg did not call for Roosevelt, DC-911 moved them down. There will be NO politics in New Hamburg Fire Dist when it comes to getting a job done or a fire out. All I asked is to fill my stations. I really dont care who does it as long as it is done. It is the smart/right thing to due when you have an area of the county getting hammered by a number of calls is to skip up to a district or two that was not effected by the storm so you dont deplete a certain area. Not to repeat what xfirefighter484x said but he hit it on the head.

New Hamburg did not call for Roosevelt, DC-911 moved them down. There will be NO politics in New Hamburg Fire Dist when it comes to getting a job done or a fire out. All I asked is to fill my stations. I really dont care who does it as long as it is done. It is the smart/right thing to due when you have an area of the county getting hammered by a number of calls is to skip up to a district or two that was not effected by the storm so you dont deplete a certain area. Not to repeat what xfirefighter484x said but he hit it on the head.

Well said I think thats how m/a should work on these types of incidents. If your not looking for something very specific I say just get on the radio and say send me an engine and ladder and let the dispatchers do their jobs and send you what you need.

Don (get it right)

There was no working fire on Stephanie Lane ????, that I know of....., but there was one on Swenson Drive and one on Meadow Drive. Dont worry,'' PHOTOUNIT " was there and I am sure he will post them (photos) in due time.

Sorry "CHIEF" I stand corrected!!!!! Did you get them licked? ( The Fires ) LOL

Edited by x134

New Hamburg did not call for Roosevelt, DC-911 moved them down. There will be NO politics in New Hamburg Fire Dist when it comes to getting a job done or a fire out. All I asked is to fill my stations. I really dont care who does it as long as it is done.

I agree with you 100% there chief. It's sad to see so much of it around this area too :(

It is good to see some departments out there that hold the ideals of firefighting still. The fire doesn't care who comes, and it shouldn't matter to us who comes either. There needs to be a few more level heads out there, remembering that this is about OUR safety, and the PUBLIC'S safety, and what SHOULD BE DONE for EVERYONE'S best interests, not just a few hot heads, or people upset over something that happened 5, 10, 20, or more years ago between certain departments.

FYI - Chelsea was dispatched to a reported structure fire in the Hudson View apartments how ever it was a false alarm and we were back in service seconds after New Hamburg command reported 2 houses on fire.

chuckieboy44 - What New Hamburg did was correct request station coverage and let 911 send any department. I felt it was a little odd that they dispatched Roosevelt however the senior dispatcher that was on felt that was the best thing to do.

New Hamburg, even though our district lines are only a mile apart (if we could drive along the tracks or on the river LoL) I'm sure there will be another time and another place for our members to help you.

Jim Tompkins

Don (get it right)

Good call chief about the politics. You can talk politics all day if you want, but during the emergency is no time for politics. Equipment to the scene should be closest available to arrive, but station backfills can come from wherever. I was working in the area and listened to most of it, glad that I wasn't the command fire officer, and it sounds like you guys did a great job.

Well said Chief. It sounds like a good job by all involved at that fire and all those who were out in the storm that night and most importantly everyone went home safe :)

Well said Chief. It sounds like a good job by all involved at that fire and all those who were out in the storm that night and most importantly everyone went home safe :)

that was a good thing 911 did . i agree with that. the southern half was busy. i dont like politics either . we are all there to do a job. and who mever comes it is great. all the help the better. good job guys...

Yeah I have to agree with what 911 did. I wish the Dispatchers in this county could do this more often and use discretion when incidents like this happen.

I wanted to extend a great job done by DC911, they were workin' their butts off up there, a bunch of us were listening in during the whole time. Emt301, if you want to pass that on for us, it would be appreciated!

I'll pass it along !!

One of the houses on Swenson belongs to a family friend. He told us that apparently lightning struck a transformer and somehow exploded the gas line to his and his neighbor's homes. As well the house across the street was effected, but their meter only blew out and the line stayed intact and no fire resulted. Unfortunately our friend lost everything, thanks to Mother Nature. Thanks to all those who responded that night!