Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

RIP Robert "Bob" Baxter

27 posts in this topic

It is with deepest regret that I announce the passing of my Grandfather, Robert "Bob" Baxter. He left us on Father's Day at about 1:30pm and was in the company of his wife Theresa Baxter. Bob was a life member of the Buchanan Fire Department, however not actively involved for a number of years. He worked as a letter carrier for the United States Post Office as a career, and was well known around Buchanan because of that. He helped start the Cortland National Little League with Ray Seaboldt and others. He also served as president of the little league for many years, even after his children had grown out of it and even after is grand-children had played in the league and also moved on, Bob continued to do what he could for other's children and the youth of the area. As well, upon retirement he started mowing lawns to keep busy and employed a number of local youth who were troubled or had difficulty finding and holding onto work. He was very civic minded and he and his wife were actively involved in the church they belong to, Trinity-Boscobel United Methodist, also located in Buchanan for as long as I can, or anyone can remember. Bob and his wife were married for 58 years. He is survived by 3 brothers, 1 aunt, his wife, 3 children, 8 grandchildren, and 4.5 great grandchildren, and a lot of loving friends and relatives!

Arragements:

Tuesday, June 17 - Cortland Funeral Home, viewing: 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm (97 Broadway, Verplanck NY)

Wednesday, June 18 - Trinity-Boscobel United Methodist Church, Funeral: 11 am (Corner of Henry St. and Church St, Buchanan NY)

Wednesday, June 18 - Cedar Hill Cemetary, at The Reformed Church of Cortlandtown, burial: immediately following funeral service. (Albany Post Rd, Montrose NY)

He sounds like a great man. May he rest in peace.

Rest in Peace , my condolence to his family.

May he Rest inPeace and may God grant his family and friends the strength to get through this rough time.

Oswego, if we at EMTBravo can do anything please let us know.

Thoughts & Prayers with you & your family at this time

Glenn

May he RIP. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Thoughts & Prayers with you & your family

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. May your grandfather rest in peace

Sorry to hear of your family's loss. He's at a better place, where he wil no longer have pain or suffering.

Kris sorry for your loss, and good luck with the 1/2.

Oswegowind,

Sorry for your loss.

Robert "Bob" Baxter

May he rest in peace!

Sorry about your grandfather, Kris...

Edited by batt2

Sorry for your loss Kris.

I am sorry to here about your loss.... he does sound like a good man

Rest in Peace Bob, My condolence to the family and friends.

Kris,

My condolences, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family on the loss of your Grandfather. By your post, it sounds like he touched many lives and made those he touched better. May God watch over all of you during this trying time.

Duane

Very sorry to hear of your loss. May he rest in peace.

KRIS VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR GRANDFATHER ...BUT NOW HE CAN REST AND BE AT PEACE...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU OR THE FAMILY NEED ANYTHING...

RIP. You don't get somebody like that anymore. The world would be a better place for kids if there was more like Bob Baxer around.

May he rest in peace, all my best to you and your family in this trying time, stay strong and carry on his legacy...

My condolences on your loss. May God bless your family at this time of loss.

Kris,

I am sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. He was a tremendous asset to the community with his selfless devotion, and I'm sure he will be missed

Let me know if you need anything at all.

-Seth

Sorry to hear of your loss. RIP

Condolences to your family and those who knew him, may he be in a better place watching over his "family" and friends now.

May he rest in piece.