Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

New Archville Chief Car

14 posts in this topic

Caught this one last week and it was a beauty. If I have my info correct it is a Trailblazer and not a Tahoe but if I'm wrong let me know.

Also if there is anyone from Archville on the board where has E235 gone? It's been OOS for a while. Just curious. Thanks

post-35-1214187204.jpg

SWEET!!!!!!!! Good luck with it, Chief!!!!!

Trust me, you do NOT want a Trailblazer as a Chief's car. They are glorified Chevy Cavaliers. Maybe Archville isn't that busy, I'm not familiar with the Dept but put any amount of stress on that car and you'll wish you spent the extra $$ on the Tahoe.

Where'd they mount everything? I know with the Trailblazers I have helped hook stuff up in, there is no room in them!

Good luck with it AFD, looks nice (and simple!).

Surprised they didn't go with LED lights. Seems like all new emergency vehicles are using LEDs these days.

Surprised they didn't go with LED lights. Seems like all new emergency vehicles are using LEDs these days.

OoO, it appears that they got LED lights in the grill. They just don't have a LED lightbar.

Mike

Trust me, you do NOT want a Trailblazer as a Chief's car. They are glorified Chevy Cavaliers. Maybe Archville isn't that busy, I'm not familiar with the Dept but put any amount of stress on that car and you'll wish you spent the extra $$ on the Tahoe.

Comppletely agree. Took mine on the beach and everything started to go.

I'm suprised Archville still exists, I moved out of the area a few years back and if I remember correctly they were only running 20-30 calls a year and had a dual response in their district with BMFD. Good for them if they have the funding to buy a new chief's car but I would have thought they would have went the way of Nelsonville.

Congrats on the new car! Good luck with it. As far as how many runs they do a year I say they still don't do much more then 20-30 a year and run a lot of duel response with Pocanico Hills FD.

Congrats on the new car! Good luck with it. As far as how many runs they do a year I say they still don't do much more then 20-30 a year and run a lot of duel response with Pocanico Hills FD.

There's another busy department.

Who built it? And rigs does Archville run...I know the numbers, just not the make and model.

Comppletely agree. Took mine on the beach and everything started to go.

I disagree... I had an '02 that came off a lease - I bought it with 36K miles, my sister is still driving it with over 95K miles, and never had any big problems with it.. I loved that truck!

Best of luck to Archville with the new car.

Who built it? And rigs does Archville run...I know the numbers, just not the make and model.

If memory serves me correctly...

Engine 235 - 1993 Pierce

Engine 263 - 1982 Hahn

Edited by x648eng119

i have an 05 trailblazer with stuff all over it mounted inside you just have to find the right spot ill have pic's of it up soon i never have had any prob. with it and i beet on it on and off the road