Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RescueKujo

George Carlin Dead at 71

18 posts in this topic

Three words we wish we didn't have to say about George Carlin: Rest in peace.

The iconic standup comic, who had a history of heart problems, was admitted to Saint John's Hospital in Santa Monica this afternoon after complaining of chest pains, according to spokesman Jeff Abraham. He died of heart failure at 6 p.m.

E! online-George Carlin Dead at Age 71

His legacy will live on with every f$ing comedian out there!

About 15-20 years ago George Carlin did a benefit fundraise for the Larchmont Volunteer Ambulance Corp at the Iona College gym. If you never got a chance to see him live you missed some funny stuff. He was able to use the 7 words that you can't say on T.V. and then some.

Wow. Hard to believe... He was a great comidean, and will be missed.

I had the pleasure of seeing George Carlin a couple times.

He's a legend and would ALWAYS make you laugh so hard.

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately".

George Carlin

GOD BLESS YOU GEORGE, RIP!

About 15-20 years ago George Carlin did a benefit fundraise for the Larchmont Volunteer Ambulance Corp at the Iona College gym. If you never got a chance to see him live you missed some funny stuff. He was able to use the 7 words that you can't say on T.V. and then some.

I remember that benefit. the "7" words-I still remember them all and when I first heard them. It is ironic, we were just talking about him the other day at work. The "7" words were the main topic. May he rest in peace.

The hippy dippy weatherman has made he final forecast.

He had such great stuff.

He seemed to have gotten angrier as he got older. I was more of a fan of his classic stuff up until the early 90's.

As Dispatcher 220 pointed out to me this morning. I wonder if ol George got his 2 minute warning.

Well now he doesn't have to worry where he will have to put his stuff.

Although I didn't always agree with his politics, the man was a genius!! Comedy today would not be what it is without George Carlin....RIP funny man...

Although I didn't always agree with his politics, the man was a genius!! Comedy today would not be what it is without George Carlin....RIP funny man...

x2, RIP, George!

I didn't always agree with his politics either but couldn't help laughing anyway!

Got to see him live twice here in the County. Once at Iona College and once at the old Capitol Theatre in Portchester. Now I wish I had seen him in Peekskill last year at the Paramount.

RIP George.

Totally the oddest thing...I was on itunes last night at work filling my ipod with new stuff and I started surfing for comedian stuff and the first comedian that came to mind was George Carlin, as he is my absolute all time favorite comedian. HIs stuff was priceless and so on point all the time. I had no idea he died until I was commuting home this morning. So weird, I havent thought of his stuff in the longest time, but for some reason, I did last night...

I am freaked. May he rest in peace and hopefully the "big guy" upstairs will treat him with mercy as he has done his fair share of questioning and bashing the establishment for our entertainment.

Joe

RIP George i'll always have fond memories of one of the funniest men that ever lived!!

Saw him twice at the CAPITOL in PORT CHESTER, man was he good! [ why do you drive on the parkway and park in the driveway! ] :rolleyes:

What a shame, truly a very funny man who will be remembered for his humor and his indelible impact on comedy.

For anyone interested, NBC is replaying the Saturday Night Live episode that George Carlin hosted back in 1975. It will air tonight, 6-28-08, on NBC at 2330hrs EST.