Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rfdu39

Bobby Murcer

15 posts in this topic

Bobby Murcer died today of Brain Cancer at age 62. Bobby was a former player for the Yankees and he latter became a broad caster for the YES Network. Rest In Peace Bobby. :(:(:(

Edited by rfdu39

God Bless you Bobby go rest as you have no more pain. Also say hi to Thurman your old friend.

Thanks for being a Yankee Bobby We will miss you

condolences to the family. although im a met fan and pretty much despise everything about the Yankees i would always turn to the yes network to listen to bobby do play by play he was a class act. the yes network wont be the same and ill probaly never watch again. Bobby you will be missed RIP

Rest in Peace, Bobby.

Always a class act, even on Al-Yankezera.

RIP BOBBY!

Will be missed!

AN excellent baseball player and also a gentlemen. He will be calling the shots with Thurman, The Scooter, Billy and the rest of the crew. May he rest in peace.

Rest in peace with all the rest of the Yankee greats Bobby. You were a class act, a gentleman and an asset to major league baseball. You will be missed.

Another hero from my youth passes. Rest in Peace Bobby.

One great baseball player, he'll be missed.

A true blue NY icon. You know you have a special person when, even Boston fans, prayed for his recovery. He will be missed....RIP BOBBY!!

Very Sad Day! One of the nicest and most positive people on earth! Rest In Peace Bobby! We will miss you!

The world lost a true gentleman. You were a class act Bobby. I realized this when you took the time to talk to a 12 year old kid as if you knew me all my life. Rest in Peace. You are an inspiration for the bravery you displayed through your treatments the truest definition of a hero. I have missed your voice while you were fighting that ugly disease and will forever. My condolences to the Murcer and Yankee family for their loss.

Also I would like to offer my condolences to the Snow family and that of Fox News with the passing of Tony Snow also from Cancer. Tony as well put up a noble and brave fight to live and he may now rest in peace as well.

CANCER SUCKS!

A very sad loss. There's a nice but sad article about him on yankees.com, here's a good excerpt:

"Bobby was one of the finest human beings I've ever met," said Michael Kay, a colleague with the YES Network. "He handled his battle with a grace and class that was hard to fathom. For me personally, it's an incredible loss. He was my idol growing up. I was lucky to work with him as a broadcaster, and it showed me that I had great taste as a kid.

"He was everything that you'd want in someone that you once looked up to. He lived up to every ideal that a little boy set for him. I'm going to miss him a lot. I miss him a lot already."