Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NHFD21255

Rombout 62-14 Refurb By NHFD

29 posts in this topic

Durning the Dutchess County Firemans Parade on 7/12/2008 the stand by crew at Rombout Fire house decided help them out by polishing their 62-14 and look what they found , the fire truck is really RED under all than cream paint. We offered our services to help with the other trucks , lets see what they say.

romboutstandby016.jpg

Sorry Guys almost forgot this picture

romboutstandby005.jpg

Edited by buckwrapper

Thats great!! I can think of an engine here in croton i'd like to do that to :P :P

for some reason I feel that was Riners Idea.. Most be North Highlands at it again!!! :P:P:P

That is argueably the funniest inter-firehouse prank I have ever seen. Well played.

I Have to say Great Job to NHFD I went back to Rombout Last night and Laughed my A$$ of when I seen that. They must have put a lot of time into it doing the whole truck red.

THat's the best one I've seen in all my years in the fire service!

I hope Rombout took it in stride!!

A wonderful, harmless prank, in jest, and in the spirit of brotherhood.

As others have said........

Well played.

Classic!! Nice job!! Captain Princess also very funny.

That is to funny! Hopefully Rombout took it as a joke!

It is about time the Town Of Fishkill has a red fire truck, lol. I think I reconize that kid sitting next to the sign. What a great prank and what a great friend.

Thomas

Awsome! I wish I could have seen that in person!

That's AWESOME!!!!! :lol:

Now if only we had a few yellow trucks around here instead of all red...... ;)

Mike

That's AWESOME!!!!! :lol:

Now if only we had a few yellow trucks around here instead of all red...... ;)

Mike

I think the "official color" of Rombout, as I was once told is "'56 Cadillac Cream", if I am not mistaken.

Haha, and as far as WHY, I have heard some rumors, if maybe someone from Rombout knows for sure.

I think the "official color" of Rombout, as I was once told is "'56 Cadillac Cream", if I am not mistaken.

Haha, and as far as WHY, I have heard some rumors, if maybe someone from Rombout knows for sure.

Where's Doc at? Isn't he with Rombout?

Mike

Where's Doc at? Isn't he with Rombout?

Mike

Uh, that would be the point of me asking for a Rombout member to reply.

I think it had something to do with the first rig they had, which was purchased from the Boonton, NJ FD. It had the same color and they just stuck with it. If I remember right, Fishkill Protection Engine has Blck/Red, so the Town has red rigs. PS, I was giggling pretty hard when I saw this, how could you not??

Edited by JBE

PECo is Village of Fishkill, who is Red over Black.

Town of Fishkill encompasses Rombout, and Chelsea (I think) and aren't there one or 2 more?? Is Dutchess Junction in the Town of Fishkill, or Beacon?

Well, if you're just looking for a red engine WITHIN the Town, not necessarily part of, how about Castle Point's 91-11? Although Engine 224... uh, I mean 91-12 is still green ;)

Town of Fishkill Includes:

Dutchess Junction (Red Engine, and White Engine (From Oyster Bay Long Island)

Glenham (Red)

Chelsea (Red)

Rombout (Lotus Creme)

Village of Fishkill (Red w/Black)

As for the history of the color, Rombout was formed in 1971 and such we did not have any tradition on colors to stick with, at the time there were studies done suggesting that Red was not the most visible color for Fire Trucks. One of our charter members was from the Albany area and liked the color from the Town of Colonie fire department that was using Lotus Creme. www.coloniefire.com

PECo is Village of Fishkill, who is Red over Black.

Town of Fishkill encompasses Rombout, and Chelsea (I think) and aren't there one or 2 more?? Is Dutchess Junction in the Town of Fishkill, or Beacon?

Dutchess Junction is within the Town of Fishkill as is Glenham.

Beacon is within the Town of Fishkill boarders but since it's a city it doesn't fall with in the Fishkill government.

Edited by TRUCK6018

This is the best prank yet! Every year our standby for the county parade pulls something like this. Wish I could have seen it in person.

Regarding the funny color of the trucks; there are plenty of stories about why 1947 Cadillac Lotus Cream was chosen. Some are hilarious. But it really came down to the company founders wanted to do something different. As JFmuller explained above, we had a few members who liked the Village of Colonie's color. They were fixtures at the Hudson Valley conventions at the time. So they brought the idea back to the membership and they voted to use that color.

Our first rig was a 1957 American LaFrance 800 series pumper bought used in 1971 from the Mt. Hope Fire Company #2 in Rockaway Township, NJ, which they had been operating since purchased new. It was not a Boonton rig as many have believed. It was most definitely red until we got it. It was repainted to its present colors by our members, who did the painting on the dirt floor of our first station. I guess Andy L. now has the engine over in the Circleville warehouse.

Great job NHFD. Now it's up to the 62 crew for a little payback....................

Just to set the record straight contrary to everyone's belief it was not Riner's idea. Do you guys really think he could come up with something that good.

I have no comment on that one. Riner well no comment. I can't say anything.

Thomas

Regarding the funny color of the trucks; there are plenty of stories about why 1947 Cadillac Lotus Cream was chosen. Some are hilarious.

Haha, that's what I was getting at Doc.

Great job NHFD. Now it's up to the 62 crew for a little payback....................

I doubt they could find enough shrink wrap in 1947 Cadillac Lotus Cream color to do the job.

:lol::P

The internet is a wonderful thing EJS ;)