Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Selling off America, Budwiser sold!

31 posts in this topic

...And this merger will undoubtedly lead to consumer price reductions..... yeah, right....

Does this make Budweiser an import now? :unsure:

Still brewed here, just now a few executive posts and the corporate profits will be shipped over seas.

That why it is "Miller Time" not Bud time.........................

That why it is "Miller Time" not Bud time.........................

Miller has long been owned by a European company. Be a patriot, drink Sam Adams

Bud Sucks, Miller Sucks, Coors Sucks and Sam Adams is heading down the tubes.

There are a million micro-brews out there that make great stuff that you can find at any beer store. Some of the bigger ones are great too. Brooklyn Brewery, to be local, or Captain Lawrence to be REALLY local. It's in Pleasantville!

don't even like bud, let them send it away.

i'll look out for that pleasantville brew. there is an itialian beer named moretti la rossa. it's a great tasting dark red beer and the alcohol content is around 8%, if you can find it, try it. only ever seen it at chef andrea's in west harrison and la boca in white plains...

otherwise it's sam adams and guinness all the way!

There are a million micro-brews out there that make great stuff that you can find at any beer store. Some of the bigger ones are great too. Brooklyn Brewery, to be local, or Captain Lawrence to be REALLY local. It's in Pleasantville!

ill second that, but im still a fan of sam adams. the winter brew especially.

Its a sad day for the king of beers :( now Iam going to have a MGD & drown my sorrows over Budwiser being sold.

Glenn

this is communism

i'll disagree with that, this is globalization and at it's finest. it's capitalism on a worldwide scale. it's an arrogant view to see the world as one single entity. it's the idea that everyone, everywhere wants the same things. europeans understand this concept more so than americans, so leave it to a european company to handle it. on a worldwide focus, bud has more potential to increase their profits. but in doing so (if they're smart) they'll loose the americana image if they want to sell to countries that we aren't so friendly with. i am not a fan of globalization, i like the differences of cultures, globalization pretty much kills that. arrogant and ethnocentric - yes. communism - no.

Just remember my friends D. G. Yuengling and Son established in 1829, the oldest active brewery in the United States and never owned by anyone else but the Yuengling family!

Also I for got to add that if you go to Anheiser-Busch's website as of 2pm today, it listed all of their beers including those beers owned by InBev, such as Bass Ale, Hoegaarden, Grolsch, Boddingtons Pub Ale, Becks, Stella Artois and Bacardi Silver to name a few.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/BeerVerified.html

- AND -

http://www.inbev.com/go/brands/brands_ageControl.cfm

I could care less. I don't drink Bud or any of the family of products, but don't think the recipe will change. Brewing process will remain in U.S. where it holds a greater than 80% share of the beer market. Yes, the Busch family will have to find something else to do, but they haven't been doing so well in recent years. Didn't they lose the license for the "Busch" series auto racing to "Nationwide"? They advertising has been falling off, other than the "suck one" commercial. Wish I was a share holder, I would probably be able to buy gas now. And anyways, I drink Heineken Premium Light on the regular and that has always been European even though that too is brewed here (White Plains).

Good. Maybe it will now let the real Budwiser use the original name. Budweiser Budvar. Brewed in the Czech Republic since 1895.

Coors is now Molson.

I could care less. I don't drink Bud or any of the family of products, but don't think the recipe will change. Brewing process will remain in U.S. where it holds a greater than 80% share of the beer market. Yes, the Busch family will have to find something else to do, but they haven't been doing so well in recent years. Didn't they lose the license for the "Busch" series auto racing to "Nationwide"? They advertising has been falling off, other than the "suck one" commercial. Wish I was a share holder, I would probably be able to buy gas now. And anyways, I drink Heineken Premium Light on the regular and that has always been European even though that too is brewed here (White Plains).

heineken isn't brewed in white plains. the white plains is just the national HQ for US affairs

The New York Times is reporting that Anheuser-Busch shareholders are being given $5 over the $65 stock price per share. And InBev's purchase of Anheuser-Busch allows Anheuser-Busch to open its product line up to more markets and in doing so they are hoping that they will be able to make massive amounts of money by marketing an "American Beer" overseas. If it works, which it is expected to do, Anheuser-Busch is expected to make the company and its stockholders a lot of money.

The New York Times is reporting that Anheuser-Busch shareholders are being given $5 over the $65 stock price per share. And InBev's purchase of Anheuser-Busch allows Anheuser-Busch to open its product line up to more markets and in doing so they are hoping that they will be able to make massive amounts of money by marketing an "American Beer" overseas. If it works, which it is expected to do, Anheuser-Busch is expected to make the company and its stockholders a lot of money.

And I believe Cindy Mccain is being compensated quite well as a result of this transaction.

During my college years, Pabst Blue Ribbon was the staple of drinking. If It was served almost bone-chilling cold, it was drinkable. I used to be able to get it for .25 per can.

During my college years, Pabst Blue Ribbon was the staple of drinking. If It was served almost bone-chilling cold, it was drinkable. I used to be able to get it for .25 per can.

For me it was Genesee Cream Ale. $4 a case and $.50 for a bag of ice.

At Hipster bars in LES and Williamsburg it still is the staple of drinking, its like two dollars a can, but I think for these people it is more of an "ironic fashion accessory"

At Hipster bars in LES and Williamsburg it still is the staple of drinking, its like two dollars a can, but I think for these people it is more of an "ironic fashion accessory"

When we'd go out and visit with our Brother firefighters in Pittsburgh, Pa., they'd invite us to go out with them and "pump some iron". The first time we weren't too sure what they meant until we ended up at the bar drinking Iron City Beer. Even when served chilled, it was brutal stuff to try and drink.

So they sold, and the media is having a field day. I really don't see how this effects anyone in anyway, seriously.

Just the principle that its been an American icon for years and another foreign investor sucks up an American business. So much for the commercials they run of how they ensure the quality the same way for a hundred something blah years.

The Marine 2 days before payday staple....Natural light. $4.99 a case. And the best thing was no 2 cans tasted alike. If not that...then Piels.

Just the principle that its been an American icon for years and another foreign investor sucks up an American business.

I can see why everyone would say this, but to me "America" is defined by two things: a representative government and an unregulated free market. From a certain standpoint, this selloff is very representative of the American way. Not for nothing, but I'm sure most of the people I've seen on the news complaining about this purchase are going to go to Wal-Mart in the next few weeks and spend some of their money on Chinese and Malaysian made products. t's more than a little hypocritical.

It's globalization, and it hasn't been forced upon us by anyone but ourselves. To quote Warren Ellis..."This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not paying for it. So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger."

Can't argue with that Raz. But I have to say that in passing I was shocked that they did sell. Then I went back to my normal adult life issues. lol.

Just the principle that its been an American icon for years and another foreign investor sucks up an American business. So much for the commercials they run of how they ensure the quality the same way for a hundred something blah years.

The Marine 2 days before payday staple....Natural light. $4.99 a case. And the best thing was no 2 cans tasted alike. If not that...then Piels.

Piels? Worse than Pabst Blue Ribbons...LOL

Piels? Worse than Pabst Blue Ribbons...LOL

My grandfather used to drink a good amount of Schaeffer's. I still think it's what eventually did him in.

My father's ber was Schmidt's. Haven't seen that one around in years, nd no I'm NOT confusing it with Schlitz, either