Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Dark Knight

20 posts in this topic

Anyone looking foward to seeing the newest installment of the Batman series, "Dark Knight", which opens Friday.

I hear Heath Ledger's performance is AMAZING and even described as "frightening" by Jack Nicholson, who played the original Joker. It's very sad that it's one of his last performances...he had a lot of talent.

Midnight tonight, son!

Met Christian Bale on Tuesday, very cool guy.

From what I heard on the radio, movie theaters will be opening at midnight, and some will be open all night for showings of this.

I for one cannot wait until this movie comes out. I've stopped watching the trailers because i dont want to ruin the movie.

Apparently Heath studied this character so indepth that really became him in this movie. The original joker was supposed to be this insane, psychotic, out for blood criminal with no regard for anything, and from the reports, that is how he is being played.

last movie i saw in the theatre was The Simpsons the movie about a year ago, this is the only movie since then i think is more the $$ to go see. and yes i know the simpsons shouldn't be compared to dark knight, dark night doesn't stand a chance! :lol:

I'll wait till monday, and beat the crowds with a $6 matinee. I saw Hellboy and the Hulk this week. Hulk was ok, never was a big Hulk Fan, and Hellboy was simply awesome.

Absolutely cannot wait!! I am happy to see the new line of Batman movies following the actual story of Batman, how he really is the "Dark Knight". The original movies with Michael Keaton, George Clooney, and Val Kilmer were a bit too "lovey dovey" for Batman. Remember, Batman is actually out for vengeance, and this new line really portrays it to a T.

As for Heath Ledger, from the trailers, all I can say is WOW. I absolutely cannot wait to see this. This will be the first movie I have seen in the theater in YEARS, and I am absolutely stoked!!!

saw it last night at 12:01, incredible movie.

For those who saw it, all I'm going to say is, who wants to see a magic trick?

Last movie I saw was Forgetting Sarah Marshall, something tells me this will be my next movie trip. It'll have to wait two weeks though since I am working the next couple of weekends.

Do you guys think people would be raving so much about Heath Ledger's performance if he was still alive? Something tells me it wouldn't get as much hype.

Last movie I saw was Forgetting Sarah Marshall, something tells me this will be my next movie trip. It'll have to wait two weeks though since I am working the next couple of weekends.

Do you guys think people would be raving so much about Heath Ledger's performance if he was still alive? Something tells me it wouldn't get as much hype.

Heath Ledger's performance, dead or alive, was amazing. I think once you see this film you will agree that his death has nothing to do with the hype.

No one in their right mind can deny that this movie would not be getting at least some of the hype that it already has if Heath Ledger had not passed away so suddenly.

Saw it at midnight last night- it's incredible.

Off the wire today-

"BURBANK, CA, July 18, 2008 – Just past the stroke of midnight, Warner Bros. Pictures’ “The Dark Knight” broke the record for a 12:01 a.m. film opening, earning an unprecedented $18,489,000 at the box office, it was announced today by Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures. That total does not include the grosses from the subsequent 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. showings.

The 12:01 a.m. grosses soared past the previous record of $16.9 million, which had been held by “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith” since May of 2005. “The Dark Knight” also surpassed Warner Bros. Pictures’ own studio record for midnight showings, previously held by “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.”

saw it last night at 12:01, incredible movie.

For those who saw it, all I'm going to say is, who wants to see a magic trick?

Caught it at 12:45, did NOT expect it to be that long, but WELL worth it. Also, that magic trick part was just... well, awesome. Everyone, go out and see this movie, now. Incredible movie, incredible cast, great story. Just see it ASAP.

No one in their right mind can deny that this movie would not be getting at least some of the hype that it already has if Heath Ledger had not passed away so suddenly.

Not that I'm saying I'm exactly in the right mind, but I had always HATED Heath Ledger's acting, so I was quite apprehensive about him playing the Joker, so he was definitely not the reason I saw this. Gotta hand it to him, he definitely delivered in this performance, the Joker was creepy as hell, but very very entertaining.

Edited by SageVigiles

Heath Ledgers death just added to the hype, plain and simple, I will not speculate as to what the tangible impact of his death will have on the gross earnings of this film.

Edited by bvfdjc316

I just got done watching "Batman Begins" on my TiVO using Amazon unbox video download, and now I cant wait to see this new movie!!!

i just got back from watching the dark knight, and i absolutely loved it. The magic trick part was Hilarius and Heath Ledger played the joker perfectly. Great movie defiantly worth the 10 dollar ticket and then some. I highly recommend everyone who is into the batman series go and see this movie.

Can't wait to find the time to see it. I always liked Michael Keaton as Batman when they did it in the 90's but this director did an awesome job reinventing the wheel.

I can remember 9-10 months ago first finding out about this and thinking that I would reject it because Heath Ledger was playing Joker.....how could he replace Jack Nicholson? How disappointed was I? I mean come on, 10 Things I Hate About You and The Patriot up against the Joker?

How wrong was I?!?! Stellar performance. While I heard too much hype, it was placed on a high pedestal. I hate high pedestals because they set us up to disappoint. But in all honesty, it was an outstanding performance. It didn't even sound like him! I'm still not even sure it was him, to say how he performed.

The ONLY problem I saw with this movie was that of the lead of the comic series for us true fans >>> we were more than able to predict. We all knew who Harvey Dent would become. Made it a tad bit less suspenseful. STILL, however, a must see!

Just saw it last night, excellent movie. Both Christian Bale and Heath Ledger delivered excellent performances. It's sad, because they left the movie open to more plotlines in the future involving the Joker. I didn't think anyone could top Jack Nicholson's performance, but Heath did. It's sad that we won't see him in the Joker roles again.

Saw it today in IMAX. WOW! I'm pretty sure this was my first IMAX experience, and what a way to see a movie!

finally saw the movie over the weekend, it was a great like i've heard, although i don't think the joker was that "dark" of a character. the evil character was played very well, but i was hoping to be frightened by him - as the hype seemed, too bad i didn't get scared. but def a movie i want to see again!

and any of you cablevision "triple play" customers, if you haven't signed up for the 'rewards' card do it - tuesday nights are free movie nights at clearview movies. good s***!