Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Starbucks Closings

44 posts in this topic

Starbucks is the worst coffee shop in the world....

When I go into a place and say "I want a large coffee with cream and sugar" I shouldn't be asked thirty more questions to get my coffee.

Besides Dunkin's coffee just tastes better...

"When I go into a place and say "I want a large coffee with cream and sugar" I shouldn't be asked thirty more questions to get my coffee"

I agree with you and The Kid from Brooklyn... My opinion is DD is the better of the 2 at least you know what ypur getting when you order it. Fuunny story I was working the B job one night and my partner and I went to Starbucks and heordered something that of xourse I had no clue what it was and I pulled him aside and said 'hey How do you order a large regular coffee in this joint?' and he looked at me and said Just order what I did. I was like what the heck did you say. So i went ot the counter and told the guy I wanted what the guy in front of me got,. The kid looked at me like I had 3 eyes or something.......

The ONLY good thing about Starbucks is they treat uniformed services pretty well. Fire/Police/EMS where i've worked have always gotten free drinks. Other than that, i think their coffee is like drinking rams piss. Personally, i'm all about the Dunkin so this doesn't bother me one bit.

DD is usually the place to go to free coffee when doing a shift at the vac! and if the spainish girls are working, free donuts too...muy bueno!

Edited by vacguy

Rocky's Millwood Deli.... Jumbo Regular..... The way to go.

Tim Horton's is great too. Drank many a cup on the way into and out of Quebec on hunting/fishing trips.

Starbucks however makes a great cup of coffee. The problem is that most people like sissy coffee that barely passes as chocolate milk. For those who don't like coffee stiff like a dress shirt, then you better stay away or order a mocha-frapa-wrappa-halfcaf-skinny-nowhip-onepump-venti-soy-latte to satisfy your gentle tastes.

I'll second that I like coffee not Starbucks tar.

Starbucks Coffee = burnt coffee

Double D's (dunkin donuts) is infinitely superior.

Edited by gamewell45

Rocky's Millwood Deli.... Jumbo Regular..... The way to go.

Tim Horton's is great too. Drank many a cup on the way into and out of Quebec on hunting/fishing trips.

Starbucks however makes a great cup of coffee. The problem is that most people like sissy coffee that barely passes as chocolate milk. For those who don't like coffee stiff like a dress shirt, then you better stay away or order a mocha-frapa-wrappa-halfcaf-skinny-nowhip-onepump-venti-soy-latte to satisfy your gentle tastes.

Yeah, I have to gree,Rocky's Deli not only has great coffe, but great food as well!!

Over priced cup of hot dirty water if you ask me

60 Starbucks stores have just closed in Australia this week sending hundreds home without jobs.

When I want Coffee I want Coffee not dish water. The problem with D & D is its not consistant. A lot of their stores water it down. At Starbucks you get a good stong consistant cup, with a lot of cafine.

ALS, have you gone to the Peekskill Coffiee House or the Cow in Croton? Local and good too. They'll never close the one in Briarcliff, it's always got people in it and its on the way to the trainiong center.

I went to a newly opened SB by me last week. The first time I stepped foot in one in over ten years, then I remembered why.....

I asked for a "large coffee". All I got was a dazed look. Granted, she was training but, I she didn't know what size a large is because there is no such thing as a large size in SB's. She had to ask one of the other girls what size I meant. Then I tasted the coffee.... BURNT!!!! (even though it was "freshly brewed"). Being they just opened for the day I believe them as it was around 6:30.

I went across the street to DD, then I was happy.

Tim Hortons for ever!

I shed no tears for Starbucks. My last Starbucks smelled worse than the air in the morgue.

I went to a newly opened SB by me last week. The first time I stepped foot in one in over ten years, then I remembered why.....

I asked for a "large coffee". All I got was a dazed look. Granted, she was training but, I she didn't know what size a large is because there is no such thing as a large size in SB's. She had to ask one of the other girls what size I meant. Then I tasted the coffee.... BURNT!!!! (even though it was "freshly brewed"). Being they just opened for the day I believe them as it was around 6:30.

I went across the street to DD, then I was happy.

while on my lunch break last week, i went on a coffee run to starbucks in pleasantville - at the request of co-workers. i had to order a " grande half-caf sugar-free vanilla soy latte" for one of the girls. i didn't know what in the hell i was ordering! for myself, i couldn't bare drinking that crap. i went down the street to the Dragon Fly Cafe in Wheeler Ave in p'ville, a great coffeehouse!

So the prevailing opinion is that the coffee isn't the best but it's free? Yeah OK.

Not being a coffee drinker this is largely a moot point to me, but lets not forrget that Starbucks has only really been "nice" to the emergency services for the last 7 years. A lower Manhattan Starbucks charged Emergency Personnel for a case of water a ground zero, it was a big news story. Interestingly enough, it was only after about a weeks worth of news coverage and several other chains offering free food, that Starbucks Corporate offered to refund the cost of that case of water. Nice way to respond to a national tragedy.

Also on the subject of Youtube and Starbucks, this is a good one:

Lewis Black on Starbucks

BFD182,

Interesting point about Starbucks.

In my neck of the woods, Tim Hortons has given away gallons of coffee (juice, tea and water as well) to emergency service workers working a job.

One of the founders of Tim Hortons was in the emergency services field (law enforcement) while the other was a hockey player.