Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Greenburgh EMS New Ambulance 79 -Photos added

28 posts in this topic

I heard Greenburgh EMS has taken delivery of a new 79 (Greenburgh EMS is the civilian EMS division of Greenburgh PD)

I hear it's a Braun on a Chevrolet chasis. Anyone have photos??

Greenburgh ran Chevrolet/Brauns into the late 1990's, when they switched to the Ford chasis. It's cool to hear they are switching back, I'm hearing good things about the Chevrolet chasis.

I also hear it's got an updated lettering design.

Anyone have any photos??

Anyone?

Greenburgh Police NEW Chevrolet Ambulance . Vehicle # 76 , covers sector 2 called 62 on radio.

post-23-1218770008.jpg

GPD one of two new Chevy Ambulances.

post-23-1218770196.jpg

New GPD Civ. ALS Ambulance 79.

post-23-1218770379.jpg

post-23-1218770417.jpg

Photos TR54

post-23-1218770809.jpg

post-23-1218770893.jpg

Silly question.... But, what's the difference between the Greenburgh PD Ambulance and Greenburgh EMS? I never heard of Greenburgh EMS and thought Greenburgh PD, sorta like Nassau County PD, operated ambulances themselves.

-Joe DA BUFF

AWESOME! Thanks for the photos, TR54! I really appreciate it- made my day! :-)

Definetly the "next generation" of GPD ambulances. I note the return to the Chevrolet chasis after a several year hiatus, and the diamond plating on the sides. Also, both appear to have updated striping. And, 79 has a new GPD*EMS patch on the door, and 76 doesn't have a GPD patch on the door.

Silly question.... But, what's the difference between the Greenburgh PD Ambulance and Greenburgh EMS? I never heard of Greenburgh EMS and thought Greenburgh PD, sorta like Nassau County PD, operated ambulances themselves.

-Joe DA BUFF

Greenburgh EMS is the civilian portion of Greenburgh PD EMS. They operate with a single Paramedic in an ambulance that covers the unicorporated town, and with a flycar with a single medic that covers the 6 villages/VAC's within the town.

The Police ambulance patrols with a single Police Officer-EMT, and ALS is provided by Police Officers who patrol in flycars. They both cover the unincoporated town and back up the villages as needed, and all have regular patrol sectors as well.

My information is current as of last February though.

Well that answers my question. I was gonna say last year when I was working in white plains I saw an ambulance with a car pulled over and it looked like the person in the ambulace was writing a ticket. Thanks for the answer Seth. Do the GPD rigs have the same tech equipment as a patrol car? Ie computer for plate checks, and license checks, or any other good stuff?

i know some new braun ambulances have the sliding entrance side door, does this have it?

i know some new braun ambulances have the sliding entrance side door, does this have it?

Yes, the side door does slide. I think that is standard with all of Braun's buses. I had the opportunity to be inside the new 79 the other day. Overall, I thought it was very small. Not a lot of cabinet space or much room in back.

Edited by OoO

It seems like the sliding doors are getting very popular. Are all manufacturers switching to the sliding doors or are they sticking with the swing doors? And have to request the sliding?

From what I have seen, few other manufactures are offering sliding doors. While it seems like a good idea, I understand there are some problems with the sliding track in the cold weather, as it can get clogged with ice and snow.

I saw it today on Hamilton Ave in White Plains....sharp looking thats for sure.

So these ambulance do everything a regular police car does or are these strictly for ems responses ? I like the diamond plate on the side too that's cool.

Edited by texastom791

OoO,

I've been with 2 aginces where they have rigs with sliding doors. I have NEVER had a problem with ice or snow clogging the track.

It's pretty funny to watch someone get pulled over by an Ambulance!

How come it does not say "ECILOP" on the front like "ECNALUBMA" ?

lol

GOOD LUCK GPD

LOOKS VERY NICE!

It's pretty funny to watch someone get pulled over by an Ambulance!

How come it does not say "ECILOP" on the front like "ECNALUBMA" ?

lol

GOOD LUCK GPD

LOOKS VERY NICE!

....hmmmm :huh: good question RWC. why doesn't it say "ECILOP" that would make sense, wouldn't it??

AWESOME! Thanks for the photos, TR54! I really appreciate it- made my day! :-)

Definetly the "next generation" of GPD ambulances. I note the return to the Chevrolet chasis after a several year hiatus, and the diamond plating on the sides. Also, both appear to have updated striping. And, 79 has a new GPD*EMS patch on the door, and 76 doesn't have a GPD patch on the door.

Greenburgh EMS is the civilian portion of Greenburgh PD EMS. They operate with a single Paramedic in an ambulance that covers the unicorporated town, and with a flycar with a single medic that covers the 6 villages/VAC's within the town.

The Police ambulance patrols with a single Police Officer-EMT, and ALS is provided by Police Officers who patrol in flycars. They both cover the unincoporated town and back up the villages as needed, and all have regular patrol sectors as well.

My information is current as of last February though.

Thanks for the clarification Seth.

-Joe DA BUFF

are those LEDs or strobes?

LED's with colored lens (all)

GPD had two ambulance staffed by police office EMT's on the road at all times. in the the late 1980's one ambulance (the north end vehicle #65 was pulled of the road) at that time Civillian Paramedics were hired and they then responded to the first aided case. some time in the mid 1990's the town of Greenburgh started covering all the villages in the unincorparted parts of town with ALS. Additional medics were hired so one would be in the villages and one in the town plus the police paramedic that was always on duty.(before that time if a Paramedic was needed in the villages one would respond but it was on as need bases. The one ambulance that is used by police EMT and is covering a sector has the same equipment as all other patrol cars.

GPD had two ambulance staffed by police office EMT's on the road at all times. in the the late 1980's one ambulance (the north end vehicle #65 was pulled of the road) at that time Civillian Paramedics were hired and they then responded to the first aided case. some time in the mid 1990's the town of Greenburgh started covering all the villages in the unincorparted parts of town with ALS. Additional medics were hired so one would be in the villages and one in the town plus the police paramedic that was always on duty.(before that time if a Paramedic was needed in the villages one would respond but it was on as need bases. The one ambulance that is used by police EMT and is covering a sector has the same equipment as all other patrol cars.

ronnie thanks for your post.

*Below is a photo of "Car 65" as a Chevy Suburban at the scene of a Bee Line Bus vs. Pontiac Grand Am head on!

Year: 1986

Motor Vehicle Crash - Head On - Numerous injuried people on a public bus.

Extended Extrication - Two occupants in a Grand Am pinned under the dash.

Writer:TR54 on scene

post-23-1221147483.jpg

post-23-1221147635.jpg

post-23-1221147718.jpg

Was that a transport unit?

Yes , stretcher was placed in the Suburban right after this picture was taken.

From 1978 till around 1986 Grennburgh Police used Chev. Suburbans for there transports. At the time they were NYS legal and certified. before 1978 the transport vehicle were Ford station wagons. Around 1986 GPD recievied it's first modular ambulance

Cool photos, TR54!

And thanks for the info, Ronnie!