Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy

Eastchester Working Fire 8-13-08

9 posts in this topic

Heard the dispatch for the working fire on Garth Road this afternoon. The initial dispatch was for E27 E 28 AND Greenville E150 and L4. Is this new having Greenville respond with Eastchester on first alarm assignments? I know they go to Hartsdale and vice versa but wasn't aware of Eastchester. What gives?

Greenville was sent due to heavy call volume at that time in Eastchester. It was a judgement call on the 60 control dispatcher ( a good one ). We had rigs tied up at a 10 story OMD and I think 3 other jobs at the same time. The fire was on the 4th floor, lots of smoke ten cents of fire. Many doors forced on primary search, many elderly home at time of fire. Great job by EFD Group 3 " Italian Battalion". Thanks to Greenville and Capt. Gus and his crew.

And yes... I had a cigar.

Sounds like a great judgement call.

Greenvale was sent due to heavy call volume at that time in Eastchester. It was a judgement call on the 60 control dispatcher ( a good one ). We had rigs tied up at a 10 story OMD and I thing 3 other jobs at the same time. The fire was on the 4th floor, lots of smoke ten cents of fire. Many doors forced on primary search, many elderly home at time of fire. Great job by EFD Group 3 " Italian Battalion". Thanks to Greenvale and Capt. Gus and his crew.

Its also a good idea when you consider that even if EFD's units were not tied up GFD's station is 1.8 miles from the incident. EFD's 2nd due engine is 2.8 and there 2nd due ladder is 3.2 miles.

And of course you had a cigar....lol

I was looking at the IA was Scarsdale FD involved in this incident?

Greenville was sent due to heavy call volume at that time in Eastchester. It was a judgement call on the 60 control dispatcher ( a good one ). We had rigs tied up at a 10 story OMD and I think 3 other jobs at the same time. The fire was on the 4th floor, lots of smoke ten cents of fire. Many doors forced on primary search, many elderly home at time of fire. Great job by EFD Group 3 " Italian Battalion". Thanks to Greenville and Capt. Gus and his crew.

I'd bring and present all this info to the next Town Council Meeting as proof you guys need more manning. Seems like it would make for a great argument. What happens next time when Greenville FD is out on their own call or even in the Vern on m/a?

I'd bring and present all this info to the next Town Council Meeting as proof you guys need more manning. Seems like it would make for a great argument. What happens next time when Greenville FD is out on their own call or even in the Vern on m/a?

Your argument would need to go to the fire commissioners, as a fire district the Town has no say, nor no funding of the EFD

Your argument would need to go to the fire commissioners, as a fire district the Town has no say, nor no funding of the EFD

10-4!