Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Port Jervis FD 1989 Pierce Ladder - Where is it from?

18 posts in this topic

I was just curious If anybody bought Peekskill's Old ladder 45 the 1989 pierce I heard that Port Jervis fire dept bought It i was just curious If that was true.

You can check out the Pike County Forum Board they have a apparatus section look under NY depts. You should find what you are looking for.

Here is the lnk: http://www.pikefireforum.com/

Credit to Unk Photog for the pic.

post-1209-1220030594.jpg

Didn't Peekskill replace the Pierce becuase of major issues with the truck?

Yes we replaced the pierce due to ploblems with the turntable and platform on the ladder all I wanna know Is does port jervis have the pierce now

I don't think that is it because it has a few things that ours didn't. No aluminum wheels (which could've been easily put on), and that compartment all the way in the rear on the side, I seem to remember it didn't have a door. The pierce was replaced due to turntable and tourqebox problems, I believe they were cracked or rotting out. The estimate to repair it I believe was almost $200,000.

Edited by KRF178

Wasn't Peekskill's Pierce similar to New Rochelle's old L-13?

Seth If u can get a pic of new rochelles old L13 then i can compare them

I was sent a photo from a Fire Truck dealer about 2 years ago showing our old

Ladder 45 repainted to Red & Black with some upgrades on the electrical system.

I was told it was used in a movie and then sold to a FD as spare Ladder.

I have to agree with KRF178, In addition to the wheels I also remember that compartment area near the turn table being open with diamond plate. I think it had a set of Irons, Pry Bar, Portable Lights, Etc mounted.

Also the Amber Turn Signals were NOT under the headlights,

they were above the headlights next to the Red Flashers.

I don't remember the Red Flashing light on the corner of the bumper.

Just to note back in 2001 after 9/11 I had put FDNY 9/11 8087 stickers on several of our Peekskill FD Fire Apparatus

and the Fire Truck Dealer who purchased the old Ladder 45 had left the FDNY Stickers on it even after the

refurb and paint job. The "For Sale" photos were posted on the internet for quite some time.

I am gonna go with it's NOT Peekskill FD's old 1989 Pierce 105' Ladder

Any members of Port Jervis FD on here?

Seth If u can get a pic of new rochelles old L13 then i can compare them

The old NRFD ladder 13 was repaired and sold to Burtonville Vol. F.D. in Maryland.

http://www.burtonsvillevfd.com/apparatus/RT15.jpg

Reserve Truck 15 (RT-15) placed in service for the first time on 12/22/03 while our regular Truck is placed out of service for about two weeks for maintenance. Reserve Truck 15 was purchased several months ago by the BVFD to be used exclusively as a back up for our ladder truck. The vehicle is a 1988 Pierce rear mount with a 105' aerial ladder with a 500 lb. tip load. The truck previously served in the city of New Rochelle, New York.

From the BVFD web site.

Edited by LTNRFD

OLD NEW ROCHELLE FD LADDER

post-3-1220043659.jpg

NRFD Old Ladder is in service at

Burtonsville Volunteer FD

Silver Spring, MD

Reserve Truck 15 (RT-15) placed in service for the first time on 12/22/03 while our regular Truck is placed out of service for about two weeks for maintenance. Reserve Truck 15 was purchased several months ago by the BVFD to be used exclusively as a back up for our ladder truck. The vehicle is a 1988 Pierce rear mount with a 105' aerial ladder with a 500 lb. tip load. The truck previously served in the city of New Rochelle, New York.

http://www.burtonsvillevfd.com/apparatus/apparatus.cfm

WHOOPS.....

LTNRFD you are too fast for me to keep up with you! :D

OLD NEW ROCHELLE FD LADDER

post-3-1220043659.jpg

NRFD Old Ladder is in service at

Burtonsville Volunteer FD

Silver Spring, MD

http://www.burtonsvillevfd.com/apparatus/apparatus.cfm

WHOOPS.....

That truck was borrowed by Ansonia, CT when our old 1981 ALF was out of service and we used it for about 5 months. Shortly after we returned it, it was sold to Burtonsville.

WHOOPS.....

When you know where to look the job is easy.

I know that ports ladder truck (T-827) is not from any other fire department for a fact. what the city of port jervis does is give their rigs a strict 20 year plan they do not buy anything used except for thier fire police vans from port jervis vac. on top of that they are probably starting a committe right now to replace that truck soon. I dont know where your old ladder truck is but I can tell you where it is not.

I don't know for a fact that Port Jervis bought that rig brand new, but I have no reason to believe they didn't. I do know, however, that they've had it for at least ten years.

Was is the NRFD ladder that had the ladder failure?

Edited by bvfdjc316

That is pretty close to the old L-45 but I don't think that NRFD's L-15 has/had an LTI ladder (just by looking at the pictures, correct me if I'm wrong). L-45 in fact did have a 105' LTI rear mount. I actually still have the specs for it in my attic from when my father was chief. It was also rumor that it was suppsed to be in the last Terminator movie, "Rise of the Machines" and blown up I believe. But, went to see the movie and it wasn't in it.

Edited by KRF178

Was is the NRFD ladder that had the ladder failure?

The Pierce 105' rear mount that is now the Burtonville Vol. F.D. spare ladder is the NRFD ladder that failed.

The Chief of BVFD at the time the ladder was purchased was advised of the history of the ladder prior to the sale. Obviously there was a new 105' ladder installed on the rig.

I have to agree with RWC130 It might not be our old ladder the old ladder 45 had clear lens on both sides of the ladder port jervis has red

Edited by crazyguy77