Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Traffic Conditions in the Arlington area

15 posts in this topic

HOW THE <_< DO YOU GUYS GET AROUND TOWN THESE DAYS!??!?!

Raymond Avenue is an ABSOLUTE friggin' mess......I had a hard enough time with my Tahoe...I could not imagine that monster of a truck you guys have....

Who'se bright idea is that clusterbang? Are they putting in a median the entire length???

And I see Ridge Road has a pretty little directional curb in the middle of the intersection....

How much more apparatus unfreindly are they going to make the streets?............

I live out that way on the town/city line- Hooker Ave traffic has increased immensely since that traffic circles were put in. Vassar wanted them, and they go them on the state's dime. Criminal.

It's nuts..instant road rage...I was soooooooooooooo pissed to be in that mess!

On a side note - I just read all the user comments on the Journal's site, reference the Mountain Brook fire....WOW! Some people....

Raymond is a disaster. Take South Grand, the city's little medians aren't as bad. As far as Moutain Brook...unreal. Burnedout21 is not on my christmas card list.

Unreal. I heard they put those medians in on grand because the locals were mad that trucks started to take that route instead of Raymond. Great that all these NIMBY people win changes in their road, and my commute to work (5 miles) varies from 5 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the time of day and traffic lights!

As for the PoJo comments, people will stop at nothing to mouth off at emergency services, and sitting behind a computer makes them awful brave....

I agree Raymond Avis stupid, I hope they don't do that with Rt 9 in front of Marist (the other college that gets what they want.) I laugh when Vassar says "we gave them money toward it..." yea 1/8 the cost of the total project!

As for the idiots in the speaking out on the Mountain Brook fire, If they think they can do better, come volunteer learn the ropes so THEY can make a difference. I can't see that happening anytime soon

I got a kick out of them blaming the management company, the fire department, the cops....but not one mention of the contractors, architects, etc........

And even though I am biased a bit...some of my good freinds and some DAMN good firemen work for AFD, and of course, 2 and 2 OF THE PFD were there too...but it doesnt take a genius to look at the pics and realize they did ONE HELL OF A JOB saving that building....

Edited by x129K

I live off taft and go to work by the court house.

traffic increased 200 % on my street.

I hate to be the medic in the back of the bus doing C.P.R .

With the 3 or 5 daily trip's A.F.D makes to the College.

Double trouble.

Has anybody seen any plan's .

I think Arlington should now be call Roundbout.

Edited by efd1674

I live off taft and go to work by the court house.

traffic increased 200 % on my street.

I hate to be the medic in the back of the bus doing C.P.R .

With the 3 or 5 daily trip's A.F.D makes to the College.

Double trouble.

Has anybody seen any plan's .

I think Arlington should now be call Roundbout.

More round a bouts to come. Rt-44 in Pleasant Valley and Rt-55 in Lagrange are being looked at.

More round a bouts to come. Rt-44 in Pleasant Valley and Rt-55 in Lagrange are being looked at.

Whereabouts for the roundabouts?

44 Where?

Whereabouts for the roundabouts?

44 Where?

I was asked about turning radious for 3246 for a possible round a bout on Rt-44 in the PV Hamlet.

Oy vey!

I try and avoid Raymond to the best I can. I hate those roundabouts.

Yep....I avoid Arlington at all costs! I had to use it the othernight,...just drove over them...

The only "logical" place in the Valley would be IFO Masten Feeds....DISASTER!

Roundabouts should be left to places where people don't know how to drive... Like europe!