Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

9-11-2008 "Towers of Light" Tribute

14 posts in this topic

I made the trip down to Brooklyn last night to photograph this years tribute...... There was a sea of photographers at the Brooklyn promenade who had the same idea making getting the "perfect shot" a challenge....... This is just one I did up quickly......There has been much talk of this being the last year for the tribute as the financial funding for the same has run out...... I personally would like to see it continue forever at least on 9-11 and many would like it become a permanent year round tribute...... It is a somber but beautiful tribute to all those who lost their lives on 9/11/01.........................

371305777_GKKKX-X2-2.jpg

Edited by Photounit

Beautiful Photograph, Bill. I too would like to see it become a nightly year around tribute. As I look at that picture or read thru the replies in the where were you thread I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing at the time, I still get choked up and emotional.

Thank you from one who can't get back there for this. I hope the financial funding will be found, as this tribute needs to continue.

Duane

It hurts me to realize that we as a country are slowly forgetting the sacrifices made that day. This memorial should continue until the wounds heal, whenever that maybe.

I have not had the time to upload all of the photos I took the past 2 nights down at Liberty State Park but here is a sneak peak until I get them all uploaded. I was fortunate enough to be invited to a private photo session on 9/10 & 9/11. Jersey City FD, Jersey City PD, NJ State PD, Port Authority PD & NJ State Park PD all showed up to have their cars/trucks photographed.

DSC_0446.jpg

Photounit and RocklandFires,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING,

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

This should be done EVERY SINGLE

September 11th.... Forever!

Photounit and RocklandFires,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING,

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

This should be done EVERY SINGLE

September 11th.... Forever!

I totally agree. I have heard rumors that this is the last year, I hope that's all it is, a rumor.

I was able to upload all the NYC Skyline with the Tribute In Lights photos. Will work on the rest of the apparatus shots tomorrow !

http://www.brianduddy.com/g/091108

Thanks guys..... I always wanted to take a photo of the BB with the WTC in the background and never did and have alway regretted it....... With this being possibly the last year of the tribute, I had to go down and take a shot of the BB with the tribute lights...... It was a very impressive site almost equaling what the view was with the towers and I think it is a wonderful tribute......... I am think of making a 24"x60" panorama of one of the shots and possibly raffling it off as a fund raiser for NKFD's upcoming Motorcycle Benefit Ride and Car Cruise on September 28 to benefit Lauren DiMase, daughter of New Hackensack Fire Chief Rocco DiMase who is presently battling acute lymphoblastic leukemia......The problem is it is tremendously expensive to have the print made and have it framed..... What do you guys think? Should I do it?

Bill! That sounds like a great idea. What would the cost be to do the enlargement and frame it?

> $400 It's $85 just for shipping alone..... It's tough just finding someone to print it.....