Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

peekskill antiques

10 posts in this topic

How many antiques does peekskill fire have and are they company, department or privatley owned? Thanks in advance, steve.

to the best of my knowledge only I know Washington Engine owns its own Hand drawn hose cart or pumper. Columbian Engine owns its own handpump. aswell as former Buchanan GMC pumper they use for a muster truck. I know the fire patrol use to have their GMC Rescue truck and kept it at campsmith and were looking to sell it dont know what happened to it. Centennial Hose's B Model mack is privately owned is Rotting away on an estate in cortlandt. Columbian engine's former 1949 Chevy/Boyer is privately owned and Washington engine's Ward La France pumper is privately owned by a dentist in the city.

There was an old Peekskill unit a tthe Road Knights car show today.

the dentist that owns the one engine lives in montrose. still in great shape and garage kept. the one that was at the car show today is owned by one of the members of peekskill fd. cant think of his name right now. nice guy and another garage kept engine.

That fire truck at the car show today was owned by a member of the Road Knights he built that himself I believe its 1 1920's or 30's something Ford don't quote me on it maybe RWC130 can shed some more light on it. Also Cortlandt Hook and Ladder has an old horse drawn apparatus that the company owns, not sure on the year.

As Boothe161 mentioned Cortlandt Hook & Ladder also has an antique hand drawn cart,

maybe KRF178 can add more information?

MoFire390 & ajsbear the Fire Engine Antique at the Car Show belongs to one of our Peekskill FD members Al Fisher.

He's a member of the Peekskill Road Knights. I believe it is NOT an old Peekskill antique,

he just put "Peekskill FD" on it for Parades and other stuff. I could be wrong?

As MoFire24 said our old 1955 Mack from Centennial Hose is privately owned.

I have also been told it's just rotting away.

Centennial Hose 1974 Mack CF600 is now in service in Lake Carey, PA

This was Lime Yellow in the late 70's early 80's and refurbished to Red/White in 1985.

Columbian Engine GMC Muster Truck is company owned,

it was formally Buchanan FD

The Fire Patrol GMC Rescue truck was sold and now privatly owned.

I've seen some footage on youtube of the apparatus and engine running, etc.

I HOPE THAT HELPS!

As Boothe161 mentioned Cortlandt Hook & Ladder also has an antique hand drawn cart,

maybe KRF178 can add more information?

MoFire390 & ajsbear the Fire Engine Antique at the Car Show belongs to one of our Peekskill FD members Al Fisher.

He's a member of the Peekskill Road Knights. I believe it is NOT an old Peekskill antique,

he just put "Peekskill FD" on it for Parades and other stuff. I could be wrong?

As MoFire24 said our old 1955 Mack from Centennial Hose is privately owned.

I have also been told it's just rotting away.

Centennial Hose 1974 Mack CF600 is now in service in Lake Carey, PA

This was Lime Yellow in the late 70's early 80's and refurbished to Red/White in 1985.

Columbian Engine GMC Muster Truck is company owned,

it was formally Buchanan FD

The Fire Patrol GMC Rescue truck was sold and now privatly owned.

I've seen some footage on youtube of the apparatus and engine running, etc.

I HOPE THAT HELPS!

Cortlandt Hook & Ladder's Hand drawn was just recently donated to the newly renovated Lincoln Depot on Water St. by Dains Lumber. It will be part of the display of in that building when completed. The hand drawn was in the apparatus bay until a few years ago when the '89 Pierce was still in service. It was taken and put in the storage shed in the parking lot when we had to renovate the bay for the delivery of our E-One in 2002. It sat in the shed since then, and since the company sold the building to the City of Peekskill, we had no place to put it and decided it would be best to donate it where it could be put to good use. The hand drawn was never actually an in service piece of the Peekskill FD, it was actually donated to CH&L by St. Josephs on South St. where I assume it may have been used at some point.

The hand drawn was never actually an in service piece of the Peekskill FD, it was actually donated to CH&L by St. Josephs on South St. where I assume it may have been used at some point.

That's an interesting fact that I never knew - I always assumed it was one of their old service pieces. If anyone has more info on this, I'd be very interested. Thanks.