Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EJS1810

TMFD Seagrave for sale

19 posts in this topic

1979 Seagrave Pumper Truck

VIN# 73859, 44220 mi, 2771 hrs

Detroit 8-cyl diesel engine with Allison automatic transmission. Starts, runs, drives, and is in overall fair mechanical condition. Interior is fair and body is poor. Has body rot. All equipment works. Comes with 910 Waterous 1500 gpm pump and 500 gal water tank. Tires are fair. Keys and clean title are available.

post-17-1221589453.jpg

Full Link to Auctions International. 1979 Seagrave Pumper Truck http://www.auctionsinternational.com/displ...?categories=342

Nice find!

Does anyone know where this photo was taken?

The truck looked so much healthier when it was in service...the photo above is actually sad. I hope it finds new life with a needy US department rather then being cut up for scrap.

Also makes me wonder why more departments, especially in the wealthier areas, don't just donate their apparatus to begin with.

Does anyone know where this photo was taken?

Looks to be the Mamaroneck Town Yard. It has been there for a while. It looks like all the photos of the Crown Vics and Luminas were taken there as well.

I concur, it looks like the town yard on Maxwell Ave.

It definitely has seen better days! It was a very easy rig to drive and operate. Too bad nobody is manufacturing a true "low-pro" like this anymore.

I guess Brookfield Auto Wreckers won the bid, since it's now at their facility. I didn't realize that Engine 51 was in that bad of shape...

post-11-1224793291.jpg

They left the "Q" on it????

Looks like whomever towed it was lazy and wound up bending the bumper.

Its a shame.... I know a few great shops in PA that would make that rig into a real gem of a front line piece for some department..

That is a true shame. That engine could have seen many more years of service with a little rehab. I know of a few departments here in VT that would love something like this.

mfc...i was thinking the same thing! Would Brookfield put Q's up for sale if they have no use for them? And yes, there are some great re-furb jobs done in PA, thats for sure (lots of ex-FDNY).

bvfd...From what i get to see in VT on a pretty regular basis, this (ex-E51) could be a decent front line piece in many VT communities, albeit cold with the open cab in winter.

There is a company up here with a 1972 Maxim Pumper, that is no longer in service because of engine troubles that could sell as a muster piece for more than this engine was worth.

mfc...i was thinking the same thing! Would Brookfield put Q's up for sale if they have no use for them? And yes, there are some great re-furb jobs done in PA, thats for sure (lots of ex-FDNY).

The answer would be NO. Once Brookfield gets it, thats it. They will sell nothing. I tried to buy stuff from them before (ex-Pleasantville R-47), only to be given the run around (sold overseas, cut up, not for sale, etc.)

The answer would be NO. Once Brookfield gets it, thats it. They will sell nothing. I tried to buy stuff from them before (ex-Pleasantville R-47), only to be given the run around (sold overseas, cut up, not for sale, etc.)

Leaving the Q on it as well as some of the emergency lighting brackets etc is a huge error. When I was Captain in Millwood I can't tell you how many times I used saved parts off of old apparatus to fix something... sometimes just temporarially until the dealer could schedule us in.

I have heard the same.....it's a shame.

For anyone who's counting, they won with a bid of $3,700.00

Word around here is that there's an old E-One engine in one of the local junkyards from a Westchester department. I can't for the life of me remember the town, but it was mentioned. Anyway, a few guys from the SPAAMFAA chapter are trying to put together a deal to rescue it (for inclusion in Andy Leider's collection), but the owner of the place is being a heartless blockhead about it. He wants it for the scrap metal value. Won't even sell it for what he thinks the scrap value might be. Last I heard, they were trying to come up with an equal amount of scrap to trade for it. Don't know if the guy will even go for that? He's just bound and determined to do away with it, and doesn't care what anyone else wants it for.

What a lowlife. This outfit here (with the above Seagrave) sounds like it's cut from the same mold, and that's just sad.

Word around here is that there's an old E-One engine in one of the local junkyards from a Westchester department.

The only E-One I can think of that was recently disposed of in Westchester is Scarsdale Engine 55.

Photo: http://x635photos.com/displayimage-1600.html

That doesn't look old enough to fit the description. The one in question is said to be 1983-84ish. For some reason, I keep thinking New Rochelle, but not sure if that was it or not. Did they run such a rig?

We have a meeting this week. I'll try to find out more about it.

That doesn't look old enough to fit the description. The one in question is said to be 1983-84ish. For some reason, I keep thinking New Rochelle, but not sure if that was it or not. Did they run such a rig? We have a meeting this week. I'll try to find out more about it.

New Rochelle has never owned an E-One. And the only Seagrave Engine was not a low rider.

I don't think the Quest is low-profile. Just the sloped windshield and funny look that make it appear so.

I don't think the Quest is low-profile. Just the sloped windshield and funny look that make it appear so.

I don't know in the pictures I see it does look like one I'd have to see one in person to determine wether or not it is one but I can agree that it's design is funny looking.